Couple of questions

• Thread starter xreyuk
  • 9 comments
Hey guys, I'm not that great with Formula 1, and am just playing the game with a PS3 pad, but I have a couple of questions.

Can I select to use different engines in the game? I've seen people saying your team just choose when you put a new engine in, is there anyway you can choose which engine to use? Also where can I view the condition of the engine?

Also, what's the deal with the R&D stuff, how do I get my developments etc?

Finally, I'm not sure whether this is my driving or not, but my tyres don't seem to be lasting as long as they say. My Option tyres were yellow after one lap, and orange after 2. They're saying they should last me okay for 3 laps? (I'm running 20% race distance, and talking about Bahrain). I have the racing line enabled for corners, and no matter how much I slow down (and practically stop) the racing line always stays red instead of going green to show I'm at the right speed. Is this me or a bug with the game?

Thanks for all your help guys!

Can I select to use different engines in the game? I've seen people saying your team just choose when you put a new engine in, is there anyway you can choose which engine to use? Also where can I view the condition of the engine?
The engine selection is in the tuning screen when your in the pits for practise/qualifying. You can change the engine by selecting the number, should say 8. And the engine condition should be displayed on the same screen, in %.

Also, what's the deal with the R&D stuff, how do I get my developments etc?
+ 1 ... Still figuring it out. But I think you have to select the R&D option when it pops up during practise. It doesn't pop up every race though. And it can be found in the Engineers section.

Finally, I'm not sure whether this is my driving or not, but my tyres don't seem to be lasting as long as they say. My Option tyres were yellow after one lap, and orange after 2. They're saying they should last me okay for 3 laps? (I'm running 20% race distance, and talking about Bahrain). I have the racing line enabled for corners, and no matter how much I slow down (and practically stop) the racing line always stays red instead of going green to show I'm at the right speed. Is this me or a bug with the game?
The tire wear is automatically scaled to the length of the race, so 2 laps @ 20% would be the equivilant to 15 or so laps in a 100% race. using a pad wouldn't help being smooth helps a lot and it is hard to have perfect throttle control with a DS3...

I've probably got something wrong, but this is what I've experienced with this game so far.

Thanks for your reply. Well I suppose that sounds right about option tyres to me, but does anyone know if the racing line is supposed to turn green when you hit the right speed? It seems to stay red quite a lot of the time, even though I appear to be going the right speed for the racing line (unless I'm going fast and that's attributing the tyre wear).

In regards to R&D development, I've heard that you have to complete all 3 practices to complete them and, like you said, that there are R&D objectives. Can anyone put some light on this?

Thanks waynz :)

I have another question, In practice and qualifying, can I put more fuel in the car so I can do 10 laps for example without having to pit?

Everytime I go out for a run I'm only getting 3 or 4 laps then I have to come back in

It'll be in the same menu you can choose your engine unit and engine setting in the garage. Go in to the setup option on your monitor and it's under Engine.

I've seen people saying that r&d starts after the second race but don't know, lets see if anyone else posts with an answer.

Another question from me, is the f-duct modelled?

Thanks.

It appears R&D is offered to all drivers according to the codemasters forums, and your engineer will tell you and you can select a challenge from his menu.

How do I know if I'm 2nd or 3rd driver, does it say on my contract?

Back