Course Creator - Can't find on GT website anymore.

• Thread starter ynot
  • 19 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
San Antonio, Texas
Obi-Tonobi
So I was looking at the Gran-Turismo website just now and I no longer see that the course creator is coming in a future update.

Maybe I missed it.

Hope that is not a bad sign since I just saw a posting from KAZ saying it was still coming but still being worked on.

Wonder if they decided to give up on it.

Hoping not.

It's still there, you just have to scroll down to the bottom where it says "update" on the left side.

Well thats good. I looked all the way down there but did not see it for some reason. I was going to be very upset if after all this time they were to give up on it.

Thanks

Hoping maybe in tomorrow's update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for all the scares, It did not seem to be there, I looked all over.

Does anyone remember if CM was on the website during GT5 days as well? If so, the fact that it's there or not may not really mean anything!

Does anyone remember if CM was on the website during GT5 days as well? If so, the fact that it's there or not may not really mean anything!

Well 5 had the CM at launch , day 1 . It was the first thing I actually tried in 5 ... Ahh , nostalgia .

And yes it was listed in 5's game features . 1.5 years plus has been too long for most people to wait for it to come to 6 and have since moved on . When the CM comes to 6 , eventually , there will only be a handful of players that experience it in my view .

I still feel we could have just had a major GT5 upgrade and I would have been happy. GT5 better in my opinion. Don't get me wrong. I love GT6 but it is nowhere the advancement like from 4 to 5.

I still feel we could have just had a major GT5 upgrade and I would have been happy. GT5 better in my opinion. Don't get me wrong. I love GT6 but it is nowhere the advancement like from 4 to 5.

6 was a cashgrab from PD. Slightly different graphical touches here and there with a new UI , upgraded physics tweak and short , dumbed down career model .

What's even more cynical from PD was the move to shut down 5s servers, to make everyone buy 6 . Sales for 6 must've been so low they knew they were in trouble. PD proudly boasted the sales figures for every GT .... apart from, you guessed it , number 6 .

Will the course maker come ? PD have missed the boat on that one . You can count the number of people who care on one hand now I bet .

Will GT7 be better ? Probably . Only because they are having to start from the ground up on a different platform .

It can't be as bad or as easy to complete as 6 is . At least, we hope not .

As for Course Maker, I hope it turns out to be pretty spectacular, as it could be. I'll be happy with an upgraded GT5 course maker at this point.

Hoping PD knocks it out of the park. I have full confidence in GT7. Love the GT series and will stick by them till the end.

Umm, old game servers get shut down when a new one comes out all the time. This is not new.

Strange that . I can still play battlefield 3 when the developer has released two further titles in the series . I bet if I fired up BF1943 and even going right back to battlefield bad company , that those will work just fine also online .

So you can umm all you like , but the truth isn't for everybody .

Strange that . I can still play battlefield 3 when the developer has released two further titles in the series . I bet if I fired up BF1943 and even going right back to battlefield bad company , that those will work just fine also online .

So you can umm all you like , but the truth isn't for everybody .
That's one example. And I'm sure they kept it going because the online player base was probably 10x what GT5's was.

I'm sure there are several others that get shut down every year. The real truth is that it happens, whether you want to believe it or not.

That's one example. And I'm sure they kept it going because the online player base was probably 10x what GT5's was.

I'm sure there are several others that get shut down every year. The real truth is that it happens, whether you want to believe it or not.

Of course it happens , to old and obsolete games . GT5 was still server busy , I know because I was still playing 5 . But this was sales related and It's clear they took one look at the figures and felt like they had to do something -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-09-gran-turismo-6-launch-sales-were-just-a-fifth-of-gt5s

But feel free to keep believing they just randomly did that because " it happens " .

Meh. I don't mind. If the course creator isn't on GT6, then it'll certainly be on GT7 due to the PS4's far superior technology. I'm fine with any Gran Turismo game to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back