Course Maker recipes?

United States
Nor*Cal
PutItInH
I was wondering if it was possible to generate the same course twice (or an unlimited number of times) using given parameters and simply running through the tracks until the maps match> I know this is a question and better suited to the Q&A section but I figured here would be a better source of information as it's Course Maker specific. Thanks.

No, each newly generated track will be random and wont match even if the numbers are the same.

Each track is random even with the same set up.
I had to comment to say your signature text is comedy genius :D 👍

I have managed to get tracks VERY similar, even laying in almost the exact place on the terrain. But I have not seen the exact same track.

However, given the way the tracks are stored as relatively small sets of numbers there must be a limited number of combinations. And therefore the same track will come up eventually. But there are enough variations for each "recipe" that it could take quite a long time to replicate an exact course.

Last edited:
Whats your goal anyway?
If you just want to edit one track over and over yourself you can just save the track. Then after you edit it make sure to rename it and not to overwrite the original.

That's really what I was getting at. Sure, there's a chance that it will come up again but anyone would get sick of trying long before that happened. Reason I ask is that I'm offline for the foreseeable future and really like the idea of having a ridiculous jump track, but alas I can't simply friend someone that has one and download it. Well, I do appreciate the replies.

Well for jumps try the Toscona theme. Try looking at a bunch of different layouts rather than adjusting sectors a whole bunch. If you look around enough eventually you'll find one.

Back