Course Maker Weekly Time Attack Challenge [WEEK 1]Open 

United States
Florida, USA
Formidable_LG
Formidable77
tpe.png

So here's what's going on:

This is a weekly time attack challenge where a course from Track Path Editor, and a specified car are chosen to be taken on. Here are some rules:

-The winner of each round will get to pick the next course and car (it has to be user-created)
-The car cannot always be insanely expensive (this just so more people can participate)
-You must give the link to the course and the full car name
-There must be a capture of your time (you can take a picture of it on your phone)
-Results will be final on Fridays
-If the winner has not chosen a venue/car by Saturday, I will have to make a choice (this is so everything can run along smoothly)
-DO NOT TUNE YOUR CARS. THEY MUST BE BONE STOCK
-ALL ASSISTS MUST BE OFF EXCEPT FOR ABS

I hope this will be enjoyable for all. Best of luck to everyone :cheers:

Last edited:
Car: BMW Z4 GTE
It's Z4 GT3 isn't it?

I already had 2 of them with all the tuning tabs used so I've bought another one.
DSC_0584.JPG

In keeping with @DaGiBUS opening entry, I've just done 2 laps for now.
DSC_0585.JPG

I'll update my time once I've learned the track.

Hopefully I've picked the correct car & game mode, I'm in Arcade Mode, Time Trial.

2:04.719

Update:
DSC_0588.JPG

2:02.711
It took longer than I expected to improve by less than I expected. I've put 160km on the car & still not nailed a lap that I was happy with.

Last edited:
meh, could be better

It's Z4 GT3 isn't it?

I already had 2 of them with all the tuning tabs used so I've bought another one.
View attachment 469229
In keeping with @DaGiBUS opening entry, I've just done 2 laps for now.
View attachment 469230
I'll update my time once I've learned the track.

Hopefully I've picked the correct car & game mode, I'm in Arcade Mode, Time Trial.

2:04.719

Update:
View attachment 469256
2:02.711
It took longer than I expected to improve by less than I expected. I've put 160km on the car & still not nailed a lap that I was happy with.

Did you both use assist? If so, that's a fault on my part. I'll put up the rule no assists. Sorry about that :indiff:

Since it was my fault, I'll let it pass. I'll also allow ABS, but driving line won't be allowed. Again, sorry that I didn't state that in the OP
Driving line off won't affect my time, I was using tents & rumble strips as brake markers after my first few laps.
ABS off would take some getting used to with the Square button. I've used no ABS before but not very often.

Finally got around to having a go at this, after the deadline I know, but last weekend was spent clearing that damned lumpy Eiffel circuit in the wet ! Too many spin outs on the rise after the corkscrew in the high wet :rolleyes:

Anyway, the 2:02 was what I was aiming for and managed to get in that area before my head started to wobble :) Just under 2:03 was the best I could manage. Good fun though.

Attachments

• rolleyes[1].gif
    rolleyes[1].gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 7
Not seen much activity on this thread so not sure if the deadline has actually passed or the interest just isn't there any more, but the Sebring track is a decent one and a personal fave out of all of the UCT's so far (not surprised it won the inaugural TOTW competition), so did a few laps earlier today:

2ah8v4m.jpg

Sorry if the thread has been a bit inactive. Been busy with other things lately. Anyways, the winner is @aboe ! You get to choose the next custom track and car

Sorry if the thread has been a bit inactive. Been busy with other things lately. Anyways, the winner is @aboe ! You get to choose the next custom track and car

Thanks.

BTW, does it matter which tyre type is used? It's just that the time in that picture was achieved on RS tyres and it seems a bit too quick compared to the times other's have posted, so was just wondering if the car should be driven using the tyres it comes with out of the showroom...

Thanks.

BTW, does it matter which tyre type is used? It's just that the time in that picture was achieved on RS tyres and it seems a bit too quick compared to the times other's have posted, so was just wondering if the car should be driven using the tyres it comes with out of the showroom...
The rules say fully stock so no changes can be made to the car. You can try setting a lap on the stock tires if you want

OK, did a few more laps, this time with a car bought straight from the showroom:

14mdvyf.jpg

Throttle pedal was a little sticky which made the car a nuisance to drive. There's probably another 1-1.5 seconds left in the car, tbh, but nvm.

OK, did a few more laps, this time with a car bought straight from the showroom:

14mdvyf.jpg

Throttle pedal was a little sticky which made the car a nuisance to drive. There's probably another 1-1.5 seconds left in the car, tbh, but nvm.
You still held your place, so you get to pick next place and car

Well... might as well take the opportunity to put out a self-made track.

Track: Circuito de Perro Extranjero

Car: Nissan Fairlady Z Concept LM Race Car

*not sure if the link to the track is working properly, so just say if there are problems downloading it.

Latest Posts

Back