Course (name generator)

I'm currently at lev.27 in A-spec mode in the game and I think I'll be there awhile because I have come to find that I am highly addicted to trying to get those "perfect courses" in the coursemaker section, but nearly as important, if not just as much, Ive found is what those really great courses get named, and coming up with the right names can be a bit challenging, if not frustrating sometimes. For example, I have the name (Ryghin) reserved, but have'nt come up with a course yet that quite deserves that name, and a couple of courses that I have named, I ended up thinking of the name that it should have recieved only after puting many laps on it. Anyone else had this dilemma? There dosen't seem to be any way to re-edit the name for a course after it's been named the first time. I know there are a lot of creative thinkers out there and interesting names as well, so I thought this would be a good place for people to throw down some of their favorite course names, or just cool/ unique names for courses in general, kind of like a brainstorm from many different brains. Anyway, I'm curious to see the names this thread might generate.

Here's some of mine:

Randonnier
Pickett Loop
Tokkahawkee
El Norte
Rivendell

I just fire up google maps, type in a random city name and go searching through street names. Usually works good for me.

Change something insignificant about one of the tracks you want to re-name (e.g move the time an hour forward) and save it. It will let you change the name of the track then

I have different strategies for naming tracks:

- Sometimes I name a track like an existing track because its design or philosophy reminds an existing track (examples "Faster_than_Dijon", "Pescara-like"; Grand Prix named his track "Rouen Returns".

- I take existing names from towns or villages existing in the real environment (examples: "Livorno", "Pisa", "Arezzo" for Toscane, or "Gerolstein", "Malmedy", for Eifel)

- Or something like "Eifelschleife K36" (track with 36 turns); RogsR34UK put on the server a track named "44 Ring" (Eifel with 44 turns)

Change something insignificant about one of the tracks you want to re-name (e.g move the time an hour forward) and save it. It will let you change the name of the track then

Huh..... That sounds pretty cool. I did'n't know you could do that. I'll have to investigate further. Thanks!👍

Great idea...

67th SW Track lol...
Screenshot_2016-01-06-00-17-13.png

Back