COVID-19/Coronavirus Information and Support Thread (see OP for useful links)

• Thread starter baldgye
  • 13,234 comments
First Pfizer dose is done. Hoping any potential side effects are less prevalent than the AZ and Moderna considering I have to commute to work as well as operating machinery.

Depending on your past exposure to covid, you may not experience side effects from the first dose. 2nd dose sick feeling takes a while to kick in, like over 12 hours.

Last edited:
I had my second Pfizer shot Saturday. A bit of soreness in my arm that night, and went to bed last night feeling achy and crappy. Not really much of a problem.

Sounds about like my experience. Almost everything I felt was within the first 24 hours. After that I was fine. I got Pfizer also.

Last edited:
First Pfizer dose is done. Hoping any potential side effects are less prevalent than the AZ and Moderna considering I have to commute to work as well as operating machinery.
My mom got her first Pfizer shot, she only felt a little tired for a day, nothing more. :)

Last edited:
What really got my attention was the thing he said last in the video, that the RNA-silencing treatment can be tuned to any virus. Meaning it can be used for both future viruses/pandemics and existing viral infections like influenza and RSV. Promising indeed!
Very good news indeed.

I wonder if they can't use this for Ebola, HIV and viruses.

When normalized by population, the US is the lowest COVID caseload of all of the countries plotted in 91-divoc. That's weird to see. It doesn't look like the EU is plotted on this, but it would be higher.

91-DIVOC-countries-normalized-UnitedStates.png 91-DIVOC-countries-normalized-UnitedStates (1).png

TB
Look what happens when a responsible leader takes over from one that takes no responsibility.
I was wondering whether local vaccine production capability is also a factor compared to other countries as the pandemic may have affected worldwide shipping.

Last edited:
When normalized by population, the US is the lowest COVID caseload of all of the countries plotted in 91-divoc. That's weird to see. It doesn't look like the EU is plotted on this, but it would be higher.

View attachment 1011764 View attachment 1011765

EU a bit higher overall on cases and notably higher on deaths still, vast differences between countries. (scroll down for 14-day rates).

UK is at about 0.013 deaths/100k/day and about 3 cases/100k/day. Quite a bit lower than the US, but I'm guessing there's a few states that are close.

Last edited:
So there was me feeling like I wouldn’t have any side effects.

Hit me full on around 11 last night, aching, cold, really sore arm and headache. I’ve been legged up in bed all day trying to get some sleep as I was up all night. The aching and cold has subsided but the headache is full on.

I’ve also lost my appetite so I’ll have to force myself to eat at some point.

Hit me full on around 11 last night, aching, cold, really sore arm and headache. I’ve been legged up in bed all day trying to get some sleep as I was up all night. The aching and cold has subsided but the headache is full on.

Ouch.

You may want to hold off on that food though... my mate's wife had her 1st shot on Saturday evening and then they had a curry... she was then violently sick at 3am, but was fine the next day...

... at least we now know that the vaccine is effective against the Indian variant of dinner.

Hope you feel better soon!

Last edited:
So my work, who insisted they would continue to follow the CDC guidelines for masks, has now said they will not follow the CDC's new recommendation. Go figure. :rolleyes: If only these top executives in charge of this stuff could join me on an average Arizona summer day working on cars and see how much they enjoy swamp face for hours at a time. I don't mind having to put one on for a few minutes to run into a store or something, but if I'm working alone with nobody around I should be able to have that choice.

As I mentioned before, ibruprofen lysine works wonders against it. I've got some ready for my next dose.

MSZ
When I had my first dose of Moderna a couple weeks ago, my arm was in numb for about two days.

Yeah well my shoulder hurts a bit already, like someone punched it hard. I would be pretty pleased if that’s the only symptoms. That said, I also feel a bit tired, but I’m not sure if it’s because of the vaccine or not.

I've been surprised at how many people I've seen in my area continuing to wear masks despite not being required to. I'm guessing a decent amount are like me and just put it on out of habit at this point. Still, it's pretty surprising considering I live in a more conservative area.

On a side note, as my state starts opening up again I've been reminded how terrible traffic can get here. :yuck:

I've been surprised at how many people I've seen in my area continuing to wear masks despite not being required to. I'm guessing a decent amount are like me and just put it on out of habit at this point. Still, it's pretty surprising considering I live in a more conservative area.

On a side note, as my state starts opening up again I've been reminded how terrible traffic can get here. :yuck:
Is it out and about, or are they wearing predominately in businesses? Maybe the businesses are still asking for masks to be worn?

Is it out and about, or are they wearing predominately in businesses? Maybe the businesses are still asking for masks to be worn?

Just out and about, most places have removed the "mask required" signs (the only place I've been to that still had one up was a local restaurant) so I don't think the businesses themselves have been requiring them.

I miss getting to work in 45 minutes. Edging back up to an hour and a half...

Not only is traffic slowly getting back to the nightmare it was 1+ year ago, but also drivers came back to the road more stupid than ever.

I've been surprised at how many people I've seen in my area continuing to wear masks despite not being required to. I'm guessing a decent amount are like me and just put it on out of habit at this point.
It suppose it also gives a slight added feeling of safety even if you've had two jabs? At this point I kinda feel naked without a mask when I'm around other people, at least inside.

Masks were never a requirement here, just a recommendation inside stores, malls etc. when we can't keep a distance of 1m (2m lately). Most people still use it though, including myself. We can't realistically expect to go through a store and keep a distance of 2m or even 1m to everyone else – it's just not going to happen.

Outside was never an issue here really, except for the city centres. We're a very sparsely populated...population.

Well it’s been 4 days and I’m nearly back at full speed.

I didn’t expect to be down and out for such a period of time but it’s a small price to pay to potentially save my life if I got CV-19.

My cousin visited us yesterday and he’s refusing his Jab because he’s scared it will make him ill for months. Now I will add he is a super Hypochondriac and ex heroin addict. However there seems to be more and more now refusing the Jab.

My mum's partner, who smokes and is fond of a kebab, has refused the vaccine "because there could be anything in it".

:rolleyes:

Meanwhile I had my first Pfizer shot last Friday. I don't know if downing a couple of Paracetamol afterwards made any difference, or if deliberately not reading the pamphlet detailing the potential side effects and their likelihood to avoid thinking myself ill helped, but I had no side effects.

Iowa joins Texas and North Dakota (with Utah seemingly close) in prohibiting mask mandates by cities and counties, and school districts. The bill signed by Iowa's governor extends the ban to accredited private schools.

An earlier version of the bill that would eventually be vetoed by North Dakota's governor but was then upheld in a subsequent vote by the state legislature was so roughshod and broad that it would have prohibited businesses from requiring masks be worn by employees and anyone entering buildings owned by businesses, as pointed out by critics and concerned businesses in the state, such as AT&T.

"Property rights unless we don't agree with you."

These people are not right normal.

Back