Coza's Thursday Throwdown

• Thread starter coza427
  • 20 comments
Australia
Australia
BADONKY_KONG_69
Hey guys.

This is the thread for my weekly drift meet i'm holding. The meets will be held on Thursdays between 5-6pm AEST and 9-10pm AEST. All are welcome unless lag becomes an issue.

Each meet will have a different theme provided by myself or those recommended by the community. Track changes will be in the form of a vote. Votes will be held every 30-60mins depending on the opinions of those in attendance. Regulations will be Comfort Hard tyres/tires only, no driving aids (ABS will be accepted) and no race cars or cars with excessive downforce (depending on the theme). The game mode will be set to Drift Trial.

The point of the event is too re-unite the GT drift community to the thriving state it used to be and just have fun in general. I expect to see some great tandem's and massive entries taking place as this is a no holds barred event!

Hope to see you join in and have some great fun! :)

Next event: 25th of September. (The first event may be postponed by a week or two. I have 2 weeks holiday coming up and most of that time will be spent seeing friends and family that I don't get to see very often.)

Theme: S-Chassis's (Please no race cars or cars with ridiculous downforce).

For the first event I have decided that the S-Chassis was a great way too start off my Thursday Throwdown meets. Considering they are easily the most popular vehicle to use in drifting both in real life and virtually, and for good reason. Their low and slightly front biased weight and front engine/rear wheel drive layout prove to be very effective.

Last edited:
Looks like I wont be able to make this one. S chassis will probably not have enough power to pull 200+km/h in 2nd gear :(

Doubt it haha, unless I rig up a sequential shifter before then, but highly doubt it with current commitments.

Ahhh, guys the first event may be postponed by a week or two. I have 2 weeks holiday coming up and most of that time will be spent seeing friends and family that I don't get to see very often. I will let everbody know closer to the date whether it will be postponed and for how long. Sorry guys.

Last edited:
Hey guys my first event will be held tonight. Sorry for the delay, I while open up a server around 5:30-6:30pm AEST. S-chassis's only by the way. Room open: 1472-4711-0167-3381-1159

Last edited:
lol, im down for this thursday, what track?

I personaly like Circuito Da La Sierra for drifting, to me it feels real drifting the hills and huge corners at night time, that just because i have a g27 though, but as i said, thats a personal opinion, XD im down for whatever track

Sorry guys. I've been busy and thought from the turn out of the first event no one was interested. I'll try to organise an event for this Thursday.

If only it wasn't DT.

I used to dislike it too, but honestly as long as I'm going sideways I don't care much.

You can avoid seeing the points if you really want to, by going reverse or doing a section.

I think the generic lock outside of DT is almost too little for some cars, compared to what they have stock irl.

I used to dislike it too, but honestly as long as I'm going sideways I don't care much.

You can avoid seeing the points if you really want to, by going reverse or doing a section.

I think the generic lock outside of DT is almost too little for some cars, compared to what they have stock irl.
I see what you're saying. The main goal is to have fun with some angle right?
True about going in reverse/section because those points are ugly on the screen and distracting.
Also good point about some of the cars generic look on regular mode.

But to me regular mode seems better for me because it doesn't invite unwanted point competition or unusual line taking. Also the extra lock physic is annoying to adapt to for me and makes me worse in regular mode.
I know it sounds like I'm just picky but this is all personal opinion.

And I'm kind of stubborn honestly that most drifters are now in DT mode. lel

After being in DT for so long, it gets addicting. It took me so long to finally get comfortable, but when I did, I enjoyed it.

...but I still prefer race mode. You're not alone @Kellan

Latest Posts

Back