CPU race for you??

• Thread starter gregdeen19
  • 13 comments
United States
United States
In an older one I played it allowed for you to buy cars and have the computer race them for you while you watch. You could even change his or her pace or aggressiveness. Is that not an option in the newest one out? I don't always have time to race a long race. And using a controller isn't the same as a race cockpit. So watching the race is just as fun for me.

In an older one I played it allowed for you to buy cars and have the computer race them for you while you watch. You could even change his or her pace or aggressiveness. Is that not an option in the newest one out? I don't always have time to race a long race. And using a controller isn't the same as a race cockpit. So watching the race is just as fun for me.
I've recently had to give up using a wheel (just not fit enough) and can't get the same engagement driving using the pad so B spec is my last hope of continuing to play.

Considering how stunning the game looks in replays, I'd be hooked.

microtransactions like GT7 is.
I would be surprised anyone is actually considering investing real money into GT7 after the initial purchase.
The rate of credits vs currency doesnt seem worth to me, but hey, whoever can afford it with not thinking twice about a living cost crisis next door may feel free to spend all the money available. 🙃

I would be surprised anyone is actually considering investing real money into GT7 after the initial purchase.
The rate of credits vs currency doesnt seem worth to me, but hey, whoever can afford it with not thinking twice about a living cost crisis next door may feel free to spend all the money available. 🙃
People do and that’s why PD havnt changed anything 🤷‍♂️

If it wasn’t making bank for them, they would change the economy to please 90% of the playerbase.

B spec wouldn't make earning money easier , it still takes the same amount of time and you have to still play . PD doesn't care you labored , they care how LONG it takes you to earn things and MT pray on peoples lack of patience.

B spec wouldn't make earning money easier , it still takes the same amount of time and you have to still play . PD doesn't care you labored , they care how LONG it takes you to earn things and MT pray on peoples lack of patience.
PD would prob make the payouts similar to online / custom races just to make sure players do not get ahead using a B-Spec mode

PD would prob make the payouts similar to online / custom races just to make sure players do not get ahead using a B-Spec mode
B spec kind of exist in custom race . I have had great fun crafting the perfect AI cars. Not real B spec but still.

I've recently had to give up using a wheel (just not fit enough) and can't get the same engagement driving using the pad so B spec is my last hope of continuing to play.

Considering how stunning the game looks in replays, I'd be hooked.
Makes me sad to read this, mate. Chin up !

I'm one of the few that absolutely loved B-Spec. Not only for the money making aspect, but to actually make a race and watch/play. And you had the ability to jump in and drive when the cpu driver pits. You could actually do a 24 hour race with the help of Bob. B-Spec needs to come back. Its sorely missed. You can simulate being the team principal making the decissions to box, tires. Just wish added tweaking the setup during a pit stop like in real life. It would take longer just like in real life but it would be adding to the realism and emersion...

So many great additions over the years to GT and Kaz/PD don't add them into the successive titles.. For instance many great cars that didn't make it to GT7 that were in previous titles like the G2 Le Mans Viper GTSR, Ferrari F 430 Scuderia, F 355, C5R, Opal Calibra, E36 M3 GTR and so many others.

Its not all bad though as I love the custom races in GT7 as we definitely can make a better car choice than PD for creating races and we can use our liveried garage on the whole grid. Great job with that one PD. However, what I wish they would add is Custom race series with multiple races instead of just one. That way we can simulate an IMSA, WEC, Fanatec GT season and control the payout for each.

Alas, greed kills a product and Kaz/PD will kill this one too as the greed increases with each iteration since GT4 (the pinnacle of the GT series). Wish Kaz/PD would go back to trying to give us more of what we want but its not about that anymore these days. Most every company is like take what we give you and like it, and if you don't, that's your problem.

Last edited:
Makes me sad to read this, mate. Chin up !
You'd be happy I've quit if you saw just how bad I was with the pad after years solely on a wheel. I could keep it on track but man, it was messy...:lol:

Once they sort my cataracts so I can see from the sofa and not be blinded by the laser powered sun flashes on other cars, I get my wheels sold so they're not a temptation any more and the inevitable boredom strikes, I might give it another go. No chance of that till I have my eyes fixed, though.

Back