• 4 comments

HP

Team Manager, Green Hell Heathens
Premium
Australia
Adelaide
Heathenpride
Greetings all

As some of you might be aware there has been, for the last two years, a 24hr Nurb race conducted by the team at Wurks.ca.

Unfortunately Wurks has decided to not continue on with the event so the CRAP group will be taking it on and running the event for 2014 and beyond.

Firstly, MEGA thanks to Kurt and Olivier for all their tireless work for the first two events, I don't think most people truly understand exactly how much they sacrificed for the enjoyment of those racing so from me I say thanks.

In preparation for the 2014 event I am thinking of running a 12hr event on the 24hr nurb circuit around October or November 2013 prior to the release of the PS4.

The race will be run on GT5 on the PS3 and will include race cars only, a list will follow if enough people are interested.

Practice sessions will be held weekly or fortnightly and will be mandatory for all participating teams, this is going to be a serious event and not to be taken lightly, serious drivers ONLY need apply. The 12 hour will require a team of two drivers on one PS3 for the race, one car per team.

Damage will be set to heavy.

This is currently just me seeking expressions of interest so please be patient as I am waiting on seeing how many people are keen before giving the green light to go on it.

One thing is for certain though, in 2014 the CRAP group will be hosting the online 24hr Nurburgring event so stay tuned for more information on that event along with a brand new thread here at GTP when all the details have been ironed out.

Finally, MASSIVE THANKS to tdzdave for his input with the N24, I have been swamped with work and RL and that brilliant bloke has been putting in the hard yards so thanks mate 👍

Reserved for driver list

Reserved for results and important announcements

If you're going to continue on with the event you might as well do the full 24 hours. Just keep it as close as possible to the real thing. I'm not sure if you should host this on GT5 or GT6, but I'd probably keep it on GT5 because people will still be figuring out GT6 for a couple months. Wurks.ca was able to get a good amount of people, so if you make those people aware, you should be able to get drivers. Also, this should really be posted in interest checks.

Peelster1
If you're going to continue on with the event you might as well do the full 24 hours. Just keep it as close as possible to the real thing. I'm not sure if you should host this on GT5 or GT6, but I'd probably keep it on GT5 because people will still be figuring out GT6 for a couple months. Wurks.ca was able to get a good amount of people, so if you make those people aware, you should be able to get drivers. Also, this should really be posted in interest checks.

I'm going to do the full 24hrs as well, that's in the OP 👍

I didn't put it in interest checks as that is in the seasons section but this isn't a season, at least not yet.

Back