Crash Test mode?

Malaysia
Europe
z-assolluto-7-11
To explore the safety of vehicles ranging from the early 20th century to today. Although this could probably be used more for demos and promotional materials, it could find a way into the game such as in online mode (demolition derbies) or with a good enough damage model, in races where crashing is, while discouraged, allows you to check out how modifications affect your car.

It might seem ridiculously pointless, but it would be pretty fun. Plus, if they already have a good damage model, this could be used to demonstrate it. So.....

Ridiculously pointless. Why? What is the challenge? There are free run lobbies for this anyway without PD needing to waste effort implementing some sort of specific game mode to highlight how good they think their damage model is.

The only actual damage I have encountered throughout GT5 was smashing parts off WRC cars. Methinks GT6 won't be any better when it comes to damage.

To explore the safety of vehicles ranging from the early 20th century to today. Although this could probably be used more for demos and promotional materials, it could find a way into the game such as in online mode (demolition derbies) or with a good enough damage model, in races where crashing is, while discouraged, allows you to check out how modifications affect your car.

It might seem ridiculously pointless, but it would be pretty fun. Plus, if they already have a good damage model, this could be used to demonstrate it. So.....

jackie-chan-images_14807.jpg

I don't see how it would be interesting to hit a wall and make your car look like a wax model that's been out in the sun too long.

Despite the fact that this is hopelessly pointless anyways, I can't see how this would even be amusing unless GT6 has the best damage model in history.

1. You buy a race car.
2. You crash test it.
3. ...oh, ****!
4. You buy a new race car.

Crash testing is relevant if you build a car, not if you buy a car.

1. You buy a race car.
2. You crash test it.
3. ...oh, ****!
4. You buy a new race car.

Crash testing is relevant if you build a car, not if you buy a car.

If gt6 is launched on Ps3, it will be a crash test for your console!

No. It's pretty laughable that you think PD could have suddenly created what would have to be the best damage model in history after their efforts in the last 15 years.

I'd actually have a lot of fun messing around with it depending on the options given, and if the damage system was worth it. It doesn't have to be anything crazy, but even something like GTA IV's, or hell, Viper Racing's would be enough for me to enjoy it.

Well if you want to see a 45-50MPH head on collision in a 1998 Ford Taurus I got the real life pictures of that.

But it would honestly be a waste of time to put crash tests in GT5. It is however a better idea then putting airbags in

We don´t even have a proper crash system with deformation and all and yet you ask for something close to B-Spec in which doesn´t involve any realistic interaction with us?...Amazing.

Useless feature and other waste of my time...I (at least) want a racing game to race...no more no less...we don´t even have proper racing as of yet with realistic regulations, flags, spotter, safety car, realistic categories instead of PP system to make realistic leagues/races...etc...

Come on! guys...

Last edited:
Foxiol
We don´t even have a proper crash system with deformation and all and yet you ask for something close to B-Spec in which doesn´t involve any realistic interaction with us?...Amazing.

Useless feature and other waist of my time...I (at least) want a racing game to race...no more no less...we don´t even have proper racing as of yet with realistic regulations, flags, spotter, safety car, realistic categories instead of PP system to make realistic leagues/races...etc...

Come on! guys...
100% agree
CorvetteConquer
The GT6 section of this site has never been more uninspiring! :(

If you think this thread hurts your brain sells. Go have a look at the "airbags in GT6" thread. It will surely make you mentally handicapped :).

These are just insane threads with ridiculous wanted features. I just have been truly amazed today

I remember a time when the GT4 forum was similarly regarded... Granted I was probably one of the idiots back then. :dopey:

Crash test mode? Hmmm... I think I can arrange that myself, I don't need the game to provide a specific framework for it. Although it might be fun to include a "bones broken" thing like you get in the RedLynx trials games. But I don't think that's in keeping with Sony's image, their IP, their raison d'être, their right to be, somehow.

The GT6 section of this site has never been more uninspiring! :(

All good ideas are out there already. It's up to PD to release dlc or gt6 news, which hasn't happen in quite a while.

Actually in other franchises people would be raging about gt6 not being out after more than 2 years since the last one. Here we have to make our own news.

I don't think the manufactures would be as enthusiastic about a crash test mode. I mean I heard Ferrari gives hell for how their cars are used in games.

Back