Crash

  • Thread starter Thread starter Blackbird.
  • 28 comments
  • 1,227 views

Blackbird.

Premium
Messages
9,347
United States
Bay Area
Messages
BlackbirdGTP
Messages
Blackbird5150
This movie is very good. It's about many different lives that in some way or another effect eachother. I can't say much but that it's a very heavy movie and even though I'm not emotional I almost let a tear drop but I was able to compose myself. I reccomend that you go see it.

Tell your thoughts of it if you have seen it.
 
Is that the movie where the dog is stuck under the floorboards?

Or the sexually explicit one that is very shocking?

Either way, both great movies :lol:
 
If I see this movie it will only because Sandra Bullock is in it. :)
 
She is? :confused:

I don't remember her in either of the films i mentioned above.
 
So he is not talking about either of the films I mentioned?

A third film, also called Crash?

:confused:
 
I have no idea... the only thing I know is there's a "new" movie called Crash coming out and she's in it. :)
 
Ok ok... so I'm behind watching all these new movies. :dopey:

I'm watching this one now at work. It's not really apropriate for a church but eh... what the hay. It's rather odd or not what I was thinking of... so far?

edit: Meh... I'm glad I didn't see this in a theater because I would have mostlikely walked out. :odd:

Finally! I'm so glad the Asian's are represented so well. :dopey: :rolleyes:

This is one ****ed up movie. I can't wait to step out side. :grumpy:
 
well actually,

Crash (1922)
Bikhare Moti (1935) aka "Crash" - India (English title)
Krakh (1968) aka "Crash"
Crash (1974)
Checkered Flag or Crash (1977) aka "Crash"
Crash! (1977)
"Crash" (1984)
Crash (1987)
Crash (1996)

And im sure there are more films that go by that name.

Back on topic, i like the look of this film and im waiting to watch it :)
 
The title actually is: Crash (2005)
 
VIPFREAK
Ok ok... so I'm behind watching all these new movies. :dopey:

I'm watching this one now at work. It's not really apropriate for a church but eh... what the hay. It's rather odd or not what I was thinking of... so far?

edit: Meh... I'm glad I didn't see this in a theater because I would have mostlikely walked out. :odd:

Finally! I'm so glad the Asian's are represented so well. :dopey: :rolleyes:

This is one ****ed up movie. I can't wait to step out side. :grumpy:

Wow, you don't like it? Why?
 
It's a great way to create a phobia of going outside. :dopey:
 
VIPFREAK
It's a great way to create a phobia of going outside. :dopey:
Well I think it was more aimed toward not generalizing people or stereotyping. Plus how hot was Jennifer Esposito! And the scene where black guy gets shot by good cop that was suprising.
 
Well the reality is that unfortunately it is part of this country and even though we may recognize it, history keeps repeating itself. As for Esposito, she's ok I guess.
 
Crash is great. Best film i have seen this year (joint maybe with Unleashed).
Its a great way of people finally being able to be racist without people moaning about people being racist (i think that just made sense).
The only problem i had with it was, that Ryan Philipe's ending was so obviously done to counteract with Matt Dillon's. Plus Sandra bullock seemed a little out of her depth.
But otherwise great film. Even Ludacris was a good actor!
Oh yes and Jennifer = HOT!!
 
Great movie! 👍 And Don Cheadle's winning streak continues.....

I was impressed with most of the actors in this film, and I thought they were casted very thoughtfully. I think all of the starring actors of "Crash" were kind of underdogs of Hollywood, but they sure got to show "them".

I wasn't familiar with the director Paul Haggis, but I think I will remember this name. Crash reminded me of Magnolia in a lot of ways, but in the end, Crash was way better IMO. Great choice of music, also. At the very end of the movie, as I was thinking, "it doesn't get much better than this....", Stereophonic's(one of my favorite bands) comes on. It doesn't get much better than that. :D I give it a "A-"
 
I watched it a few weeks ago and it was awesome.

But at the end when it seemed like everyone had a real ending, I noticed that the cop's dad was still in the same situation... so does that mean he didn't get his much needed medicines?
 
Layzie
I watched it a few weeks ago and it was awesome.

But at the end when it seemed like everyone had a real ending, I noticed that the cop's dad was still in the same situation... so does that mean he didn't get his much needed medicines?

Yeah it didn't bother me too much that his dad didn't get the help, sometimes in real life things don't work out. Anyways the most beautiful scene in the film was the one that involved the foreign guy and the latino. After that scene I went crazy! Trying to add up what just happened 💡 and then the they revealed it and I was like.............:dopey: 👍
 
the_undrtaker89
Yeah it didn't bother me too much that his dad didn't get the help, sometimes in real life things don't work out. Anyways the most beautiful scene in the film was the one that involved the foreign guy and the latino. After that scene I went crazy! Trying to add up what just happened 💡 and then the they revealed it and I was like.............:dopey: 👍
Yeah, for second, I was wondering what had just happened, then I remembered the scene from the gun shop. That was very beautiful, indeed. :)
 
I just rented the movie tonight, mainly to test out my DVD player. But stull, good movie, makes you realize how prejudice we ALL are and how it affects us daily. 👍
 
I remembered the only bit that didnt work at all on me. Was:

SPOILER!


when the guy goes to shoot the little girl. I guessed what was going to happen there ages ago.

End SPOILER
 
Oh, i thought this was Crash where they get sexual kicks from crashing their cars.....I havent heard of this Crash.
Anyway the Crash im talking about is coming on tomorrow on channel 4 if anyone wants to watch it.

Soz Blackbird for going slightly off topic but i thought while i was here i might as well post it anyway....
 
I watched this movie about a week ago. I have never had so many mixed emotions while watching a movie. Very very dramatic. I dont have kids but if I did I would have cried my butt off at the part where... well you know where. I knew it was going to happen too but it was still very intense. Dont want to spoil it. Again very intense and emotional movie.
 
Just saw this the other night, I liked it a lot. Reminded me of Magnolia with the interlaced stories, but this one wasn't three and a half hours long.
 
Zrow
Just saw this the other night, I liked it a lot. Reminded me of Magnolia with the interlaced stories, but this one wasn't three and a half hours long.
Was Magnolia that long! :eek: Magnolia was pretty good(I have the DVD), soundtrack was even better.
 
It's an alright movie, kinda depressing. A little to deep into the whole "racial" thing...but oh well...Not bad..
 
Back