Crashes in GT6(please read)

Australia
Australia
billwashington
The crashes need to be more realistic, windows of the cars shattering, better crashing sounds, oil and fuel leaking on the track. Once you have crashed that should be it. Parts of the car should fall off. Wheels should come of too to make it more realistic. Headlights should get smashed up. But then again, this could all be coming to GT7 for all we know. Also gt6 needs tyre punctures too, it's lacking that realism when it comes to crashes.

Mechanical damage is in the game but for some weird reason it's only available online. PD should add the option to enable mechanical damage in all game modes, that's something that should be very easy to add through an update, it makes no sense why certain options are available online buy not offline.

I can't see visual damage happening anytime soon but I'd like to see it possible to DNF if you have a bad enough crash to cause a DNF in real life.
More incentive to drive with care would definitely add to the realism.
More realistic mechanical damage would be a bonus as well.
Over rev the engine & gain a misfire or loose power.

The crashes need to be more realistic, windows of the cars shattering, better crashing sounds, oil and fuel leaking on the track. Once you have crashed that should be it. Parts of the car should fall off. Wheels should come of too to make it more realistic. Headlights should get smashed up. But then again, this could all be coming to GT7 for all we know. Also gt6 needs tyre punctures too, it's lacking that realism when it comes to crashes.

I'm agree but i think that company don't allows this.
But one think is the car damage and one think is the crash realism. On Gt5 an gt6 the crash are similar to the ones on Out Run, about 30 years ago !!!!

I'm sure manufacturers would let PD off with programming wheels falling off, and engines getting totaled. It might not look visually impressive, but it does at least mean you can crash into a wall at over 200mph, and your car would have no chance of continuing a race.

Reminds me of Shift 2 unleashed. The damage in that game wasn't the best, but at least your wheels fell off! Although, they shouldn't magically reappear on your car 2 seconds after :/

But in terms of making the damage as realistic as possible (Rigs of Rods levels), the chances are very slim indeed.

I think that it should have realistic crashes: For example, when I played NFS Shift 2 Unleashed, I never thought that the first race would be so hard!!! I had to try again because I always ended in crashing my car: I damaged into front bumper and in some tries, I lost an wheel....

I have a similar idea:
Hardcore mode
This option ends the race in the event of a race ending wreck. Add penalties and incentive for clean racing.
I've played GT since #1and it really has something going for it. I really don't want to see crashing in GT, that's not how I spend my time. On purpose at least. The only race worth running a damaged car, in my opinion, is the one in grand Theft Auto trying to outrun the cops.
I can't see visual damage happening anytime soon but I'd like to see it possible to DNF if you have a bad enough crash to cause a DNF in real life.
More incentive to drive with care would definitely add to the realism.
More realistic mechanical damage would be a bonus as well.
Over rev the engine & gain a misfire or loose power.

I especially like the engine damage rule, and I think those could be quantified to satisfy players/manufacturers. If you over rev your (super car brand name here) GT all the engine damage is on the driver, not the manufacturer. And it could be set by hosts: F1 mid-1970's race, 30% chance your engine just packs it anyway. This adds variety to the mix of winners...

Hey, this would be a good idea for F1 too.

:gtpflag:

I also like the visual: seeing puffs of blue smoke, coming out of the exhaust or engine bay of the car in front of you.

Back