- 1
- mdemougin
Ok, I looked through most of the glitches thread, but didn't find anything helpful.
I was playing and the game froze at the end of a B-Spec race when the results come up, and it installs more game data.
I exited the game through the XMB, but after restarting it would always freeze whenever attempting to install more game data.
I have tried the following:
Deleting the Game Data
Restoring the File System
Rebuilding the Database
Backup/Restore
Currently what happens, which is pretty much the same thing that happened after each of these steps, is that it goes to load patch 1.02.
Most of the time, the PS3 beeps 3 times, as if there's no disk and then no happiness.
Occasionally, it loads the patch, and then freezes during the install of game data.
The most recent attempt after a second backup/restore (the game data was deleted before the backup) is that it loads the patch, and then just freezes to a black screen.
Replacing the HDD seems like a reasonable next step, although it's not in the budget right now, plus all of my other games seem to work fine. Also, there's been a different amount of free space on the drive each time an install was attempted, so I doubt it's just a bad sector.
I'm going to try exchanging the defective disk next, although GS is being a pain since I have the CE, and they don't have anymore.
I've seen various individuals on the net with similar issues, but none of them have had a resolution yet. I'm checking with the crowd to see if anyone of them has seen or heard about this issue and a resolution for it that actually succeeded.
BG Info: 60GB PS3, No custom soundtrack (I don't even have any MP3's on the system).
I was playing and the game froze at the end of a B-Spec race when the results come up, and it installs more game data.
I exited the game through the XMB, but after restarting it would always freeze whenever attempting to install more game data.
I have tried the following:
Deleting the Game Data
Restoring the File System
Rebuilding the Database
Backup/Restore
Currently what happens, which is pretty much the same thing that happened after each of these steps, is that it goes to load patch 1.02.
Most of the time, the PS3 beeps 3 times, as if there's no disk and then no happiness.
Occasionally, it loads the patch, and then freezes during the install of game data.
The most recent attempt after a second backup/restore (the game data was deleted before the backup) is that it loads the patch, and then just freezes to a black screen.
Replacing the HDD seems like a reasonable next step, although it's not in the budget right now, plus all of my other games seem to work fine. Also, there's been a different amount of free space on the drive each time an install was attempted, so I doubt it's just a bad sector.
I'm going to try exchanging the defective disk next, although GS is being a pain since I have the CE, and they don't have anymore.
I've seen various individuals on the net with similar issues, but none of them have had a resolution yet. I'm checking with the crowd to see if anyone of them has seen or heard about this issue and a resolution for it that actually succeeded.
BG Info: 60GB PS3, No custom soundtrack (I don't even have any MP3's on the system).