CRAZY 6x6 Dodge Ram

  • Thread starter Thread starter =V8 Power=
  • 36 comments
  • 4,156 views
I've always been partial to the Pinzgauer:

bild020.jpg
 
Now that Merc is awsome. What kind of engine does it have?
 
LUDICROUS CLAIM!

Especially since that sort of activity would short out the drive motors.

yep, most of 'em are diesel-electric. Just like locomotives.

Did you happen to mention the fact that some of those babies actually get stuck on their nice, smooth, gravel driveways if they're the least bit moist?

-----

RE: Hummer versus 70's LC... wouldn't disbelieve it... the Hummer may have good departure and approach angles, but the breakover angle might be a problem, especially compared to a very-short-wheelbase LC (which, by the way, is awesome at off-roading.

But then, with off-roading, it's much like track-racing... the less car, the less weight, the more power... the better. :lol:
 
Now that Merc is awsome. What kind of engine does it have?

I dunno about that one, but a review of the Brabus-tuned 'Black Edition' Unimoog (Stock engine :indiff:👎) had around 400HP, and 1100Nm of torque. Gear-ratios prevented it from crossing 80KM/h, and it was estimated to reach 120KM/h max, with a proper road-geared differential. 12 Tonnes, 400HP, and more torque than the Veyron. The review stated, that car just doesn't stop off the road... But I guess they weren't crawling, but more of a light-mudding and regular off-road driving.

Yet, the ultimate winner, IMO, in stock off-roaders will always be the Tatra ATC trucks. Those 6x6s were originally built for the Czech army, but they also compete in the Dakar, and on a thourough off-road test done in a local magazine, the car passed a climb that no regular off-roader would've passed, and most of the modded SUVs would've had troubles with, at full-speed.

tatradacar.gif

030109_rallyDakar_day8_DeAzevedo_Tatra.jpg

Tatra07.jpe

Z107-LOPRAISv.jpg

(Yes, they also make 4x4 and 8x8 versions)
 
Those Dakar monsters are awesome... I'd reiterate what I said about weight, but anything light enough to beat that (maybe a hill-climb tube-frame special?) would probably end up as a stain on one of those tires... :lol:
 
I nominate the Unimog for one of the awesomest things with wheels
 
Back