Crazy F1 passes

  • Thread starter Thread starter Small_Fryz
  • 11 comments
  • 1,032 views
Good collection 👍

I liked the one at Barclona where Michael shuffled Ralf to the outside to let Rubens get through. Skillful driving to avoid accidents for all concerned. Reminds me of Michael slowing down the pack so Irvine could go right round the outside at Suzuka (can't remember what year that was though, 1997 maybe?).

But if we're talking about "crazy" passes, what about Senna on Prost in Suzuka (twice) or Patrese on Hakkinen at Estoril?
 
Means nothing to me amp, need some links ;)
 
Both the Senna/Prost ones are probably in this video.

It was actually Patrese and Berger, not Hakkinen and that one's here.

Irvine at Suzuka going round the outside of Hakkinen and Schumacher here
 
Nice videos,

I had forgotten just how much the F1 cars used to spark when scuffing the ground.
 
Thanks! 👍

Downloading now :cheers:

I only really remember F1 from about 2000 - 2001 onwards.
 
The most scary pass is Jacques Villneuve. Though once you see someone do that, you go---->:scared:

I guess Shumacher didn't take it & gotten better.
 
Whats with all the sparks coming from the cars around in the middle of the video?
 
Great vid! 👍

I'll add this one:



and that one:



I miss that Montoya. :(

The next one isn't F1, but here's why I was really disappointed by Zanardi's performance at Williams:



That's what I call insane. The pass at Laguna Seca was on the very last lap, for the lead. :crazy:
 
I think I have seen the Montoya on Schumacher pass before. Great video.
 
Integra Type R
Whats with all the sparks coming from the cars around in the middle of the video?

That's from the active aero/active suspension era... at high speeds the cars would literally push themselves on the ground, which would cause the plank under the car to hit the ground, and create sparks. It was a really cool era.

Alonso on Schuey last year at 130R rates amongst some of my favorites. As for the best passing sequences, it's a tie between Senna schooling the whole field on the first lap at Donington Park in 1993, and the Villeneuve/Arnoux duel in Dijon, back in '79
 
Back