Create game partition?

• Thread starter BenVereen
  • 8 comments
United States
United States
I'm completely new to GT. I picked up 5 about a week ago and I'm LOVING it! I golded the B and A license tests and raced A-Spec through Professional. I used assists and DLC cars (XL Edition) through most of it and didn't discover how much more fun the game is without assists until two days ago. I feel like I cheated myself out of a fun beginning. Sooo... I decided to start over.

I deleted my save AND game data (just to be squeaky clean and fresh) and proceeded to re-install GT5. However, I met a screen telling me to create a 2200mb partition before the disc could boot. I might be going crazy, but I don't remember my PS3 asking me to do this the first time I loaded the disc. I Googled around but didn't find anything solid. Is this normal? GT5's handling of data seems convoluted and inefficient to say the least. I can't help but feel like this single game is going to fragment the life out of my HDD.

I'm posting this with the GTPlanet app, so I apologize if this reads as a wall. It's difficult to judge on this little screen! Thanks in advance guys! And thanks for giving me something to read in my downtime a work! I've been lurking the forums ever since I bought GT5. You guys have already helped my game and you didn't even know it! :P

its downloading all the updates which is a lot. And why did you delete your game data if you wanted a clean start?? All you had to do was delete your save data for a clean start.

That’s two members asking the same thing about partition... news to me... I wonder what might be going on with the downloading now ? Could it have something to do with a GE new block or possibly not being allowed to stop at 2.11... sounds weird to me...

The later releases of Gran Turismo 5 (such as the XL Edition, the Academy Edition and I think there's one in East Asian territories called 2013 Edition) have update packages integrated onto the disc. If you have any of these discs, the disc is configured to force you to install these update packages before you can even start the game. GT5 XL Edition has Version 2.01 on the disc, so it will automatically update your game to Version 2.01 before you can even start it. I don't know what versions are on the other editions of GT5, but I assume they work the same way.

It's pretty handy to have these on the disc, as it saves you the hassle of downloading all of the updates at once. While it's not the most up-to-date version of GT5, it's still recent enough that you don't have much more to download afterwards, with Version 2.00 already being on the disc and weighing in at 1100MB to download.

I deleted practically everything on my ps3 still says something and it gives me the error code
What is the error code number? You might be able to look it up to see what your console is telling you, or if there is an issue as to why you can't install the game.

Back