• Thread starter Mikey24
  • 11 comments

Mikey24

(Banned)
Antarctica
Lost
mikey_2412
Hi guys,

Now, since most of you are here because you like to drift and have great knowledge... how would I go about speccing cars suitably to make an even playing field?

Any suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated.

Cheers. :)

Hi guys,

Now, since most of you are here because you like to drift and have great knowledge... how would I go about speccing cars suitably to make an even playing field?

Any suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated.

Cheers. :)
Hi Mikey. I think the best will be to join some respectable drift comp here and see/learn how they do mate.

Usually there's a HP limit, but now since there're hybrids [different chassis'(faster chassis')]you might want to think about allowing them or banning them. Or a PP limit, as well as a certain tire grade. Ex. CH,CM...so on. you should check other comp regulations like SL, GTFD, USDC.

Good luck 👍 :D

Usually there's a HP limit, but now since there're hybrids [different chassis'(faster chassis')]you might want to think about allowing them or banning them. Or a PP limit, as well as a certain tire grade. Ex. CH,CM...so on. you should check other comp regulations like SL, GTFD, USDC.

Good luck 👍 :D
What are these "hybrids"? Lol

A PP limit might sound better :)

I was thinking CS or CH tyres :)

I'll have a look around different championships

Cheers mate

Yeah, hybrids or "hacked" cars are becoming more common now, not as widespread as GT5 days though, seeing as you need a jailbreak PS3 to create them.

Basically you can swap any performance part, for example put a 6spd tranny on a car that only has 5spd, or swap a chassis (baring in mind it has to be of similar wheelbase to fit) for better handling characterists and "stance". Etc. Etc.

The only thing different from GT5 is you can't actually swap engines, all you can do is swap the engine SOUND and boost the power accordingly... which is a shame, because it might sound like a certain engine, but it will still "act" like the original.

You may want to, when making sign-ups, ask what chassis people have so you can roughly determine how grippy/fast each competitors car will be, so there's no confusion in the battles with regards to speed.

Yeah, hybrids or "hacked" cars are becoming more common now, not as widespread as GT5 days though, seeing as you need a jailbreak PS3 to create them.

Basically you can swap any performance part, for example put a 6spd tranny on a car that only has 5spd, or swap a chassis (baring in mind it has to be of similar wheelbase to fit) for better handling characterists and "stance". Etc. Etc.

The only thing different from GT5 is you can't actually swap engines, all you can do is swap the engine SOUND and boost the power accordingly... which is a shame, because it might sound like a certain engine, but it will still "act" like the original.

You may want to, when making sign-ups, ask what chassis people have so you can roughly determine how grippy/fast each competitors car will be, so there's no confusion in the battles with regards to speed.
Thanks for the advice :)

Back