Creating New Cars in GT7 - Sharing Setups

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
dawson864
Has anyone else been recreating special edition cars in GT7? Looking up the real life specifications and applying them into the game. I'm sure it's not just me, and I thought this could be a way to easily share setups and specifications. So far I've created the following:

Mercedes AMG SLS Black Series
Porsche Cayman GT4 RS
Porsche 997 991 GT3 RS 4.0
Chevy C8 Corvette Z06

Mainly what I try to do is get the weight, weight distribution, power, engine redline, downforce (in some cases) and transmission gear ratios as close to reality as possible. Usually looking up gear ratios is the hardest part. Suspension tuning, well that's left to the imagination and personal preference.

Others I plan to "make" soon include:
Chevy C7 Corvette Grand Sport (with Z07 package)
Dodge Viper ACR
Lamborghini Aventador SV
Lamborghini Huracan Tecnica

I'm not near my console today but I will share the settings for the cars I've already made when I return to it.

Last edited:
Alright, here's what I've got for my SLS Black Series:

At the custom shop add all downforce options and install the wide body option. Wheels are at one's discretion but I would go one size wider and leave diameter alone.

IMG-0528.jpg

IMG-0529.jpg

IMG-0530.jpg

IMG-0531.jpg

Car is a ball of fun. I haven't really touched the suspension or differential settings. The only thing that needs to be tweaked IMO is high speed stability. The rear end likes to come around a bit under those circumstances.

Here's what I've got for my GT4 RS (and I realize in this case that a few liberties need to be made as the real life GT4 RS is based on the current 982 chassis, whereas the GT4 in the game is on the 981 chassis [then again, Porsche saying there's a big enough difference to call the newer Caymans 982 instead of 981.2 is a joke itself]). Also the car in the game uses a 6sp manual, while the GT4 RS is 7sp PDK only.

IMG-0532.jpg

IMG-0533.jpg

IMG-0534.jpg

IMG-0535.jpg

HP is technically a little high. The published figure Porsche gives is 493 hp, and they say it's a bit longer than the GT3 due to a more restrictive exhaust "mandated" by the mid-engine configuration. This, of course, is made up BS (stick your head under a 911 and a Cayman and let me know which one you think has more space for exhaust, haha.)

Back