Creating Stock car lobbies

• Thread starter sngd
  • 11 comments
Portugal
Lisbon
sngd
Hi all,

Is there any way to create stock car lobbies in GTS? When I create a lobby with "no tuning" option ticked, it seems that people can always increase their HP and reduce their weight.

I wanted to have a couple races of stock vs stock cars, but it appears to be impossible - I understand that BoP also increases / reduces power and weight to have all cars matched... thus it's not really a stock car anymore...

Thanks!

Hi all,

Is there any way to create stock car lobbies in GTS? When I create a lobby with "no tuning" option ticked, it seems that people can always increase their HP and reduce their weight.

I wanted to have a couple races of stock vs stock cars, but it appears to be impossible - I understand that BoP also increases / reduces power and weight to have all cars matched... thus it's not really a stock car anymore...

Thanks!
You can set the HP and Weight to a range in conjunction with tuning prohibited for mixed cars and exactly how you want it for one make races.

Yes I noticed the same, no tuning should be no tuning, but for some reason you can quick tune weight and power.

I think best way is to turn Bop on, although not stock, but cars from higher classes can still be detuned into lower classes. Even setting specific weight/hp doesn't stop other cars from being used.

A completely stock setting would be most welcomed together with class range setting.

Tuning and BOP are different in this game (i dont get it either) but i assume its just to allow for BOP rooms that have tuning available so that people can running similarly performing cars but tune their suspensions and transmissions according to the track or their own preferences.

If you want HP or weight limited they have the option for that. If you want BOP settings or tuning disabled you have to select each separately.

Yes I noticed the same, no tuning should be no tuning, but for some reason you can quick tune weight and power.

I think best way is to turn Bop on, although not stock, but cars from higher classes can still be detuned into lower classes. Even setting specific weight/hp doesn't stop other cars from being used.

A completely stock setting would be most welcomed together with class range setting.

I've been complaining about this very same thing for awhile now.
When I turn on no tuning that's exactly what I want but no PD still allows increased or detuned cars in the race from any other N-Class. Ruins the entire experience of keeping cars in their original N-class state. They really don't give a crap about the road cars in this game or the people who like to use them. GTS is setup for one make race's for the N-class and it's very unlikely they will ever change that.

Yeah. It is a bit stupid. I want to race Nxxx, with cars from that range. All Stock. I can't know by heart the HP and weight of each and every car to limit or to ask people to put the car stock...

Yesterday I was doing a couple of laps in Tsukuba. I was doing what I considered fast laps (911 GT3RS, 1:00.xxx, with sports soft). No Tuning selected. Somebody comes to the lobby, and right off the bat does a 00:57.xxx. I went to view player, and I was runing stock power, he had less 100 or so KG and almost 800 HP... COME ON...

I won't even ask to bring back shuffle, unfortunately that's dead since GT5. But stock should mean stock. It should not mean stock suspension with double HP... At the very least it should be exactly the opposite. Stock power, stock weight, but with some adjustments (as some stock cars do allow for it in reality).

We should all try and set a day and time to race. This way we know everyone who post in the thread wants to race cars completely stock and won't have to worry about anyone racing anything eles. We might be able to get a good lobby going one day a week. Just a thought.

Unfortunately I can't commit to that. Time diferences + Newborn + Life in general, it's though to me to connect at a set time.

Unfortunately I can't commit to that. Time diferences + Newborn + Life in general, it's though to me to connect at a set time.

I have an 8 month old and another baby on the way with a very busy work & personal life. But every Tuesday is mine and I'm available around 9:00am to 4:00am that's about 19 hours. On this day I can play with about any time zone. If things change for you let me know.

One make chosing should be simple to implement. There are small tricks however with the max power and weight to achieve your goals, but it should not be like that to begin with.

Back