Crediting System for Decal Creators

• Thread starter oli440
  • 2 comments
United Kingdom
Living in your walls
oli440
I've been playing around with the livery editor and using a number of decals that other people have uploaded to the community. I think it's a fantastic system. The fact you can search for a specific decal and paste it straight on to the car is awesome. However, it's got me thinking about the people that took the time and effort to make those decals in the first place.

I recently created a Subaru tribute livery (you can view it below), where I used quite a number of decals that other people created. I didn't want to just upload the livery and be done with it. I took the time to list the people that had created each of the decals that I'd used and put it in the description for the livery. But this could be problematic if you have a long list and there isn't enough room in the description to list them all.

Since GT Sport has a pretty solid online social network interface, why can't it implement a feature where it lists the users that contributed to a livery or photo (if you use a livery somebody else created in a photo for example). I think this would help get decal and livery creators more exposure and give them the credit that they actually deserve.

The whole asset sharing aspect of the GT Sport livery editor is really cool, but people need to be credited properly for the work that they put in.

What are your thoughts on this? Should PD add this feature?

Link to the livery I created - https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/1032656/1/4684329727940395032

There's space under the description; PD could add a window there to add "Decals used" and list which decals they used and who made them. It could also be added next to the Repost button. If someone wants to use said decal(s), they can press a button that will add it to their collections without leaving the livery page.

Back