Credits?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cousindave
  • 11 comments
  • 773 views
Messages
2
Me and my kid sold our first two cars and now only have 1988 credits
and cannot buy a car to get more credits. What can I do?

Dave
 
Mission Hall.

Licence tests (and sell the cars - though I don't advise this).

Oh and turn Autosave off and don't let the kid near the My Home section in future.
 
Do some missions, so you can at least get the most crappy, ridiculous, ugly and unpowered vehicle from the used lot.

Then, start having fun by tuning it until it becomes a car
 
yep, do the license tests. you can get some good cars - the b license test prize cars pretty much stink, but for the A licenses you get the Acura DN-X '02 for all silver, which is pretty speedy, and the Nissan GRAN TURISMO SKYLINE GT-R '01 for all gold, which is *very* speedy. for IB silver you get an RX8 (the Mazda RX-8 Concept (Type-II) '01) which is a nice car to drive. between those three cars you shouldn't have any trouble winning some cash.
 
If you have a Gran Turismo 3 save on your memory card and you press start while in Home -> Status you'll get 100,000 credits.

Either that or do license tests and missions (missions are probably going to be harder than licenses).

As a rule, never sell cars in this game unless its a duplicate car with the same color or something like that.
 
I sold my Lupo from B License test....:ouch:

If you pass the A test, you get a Sunfire GXP Concept, which is a decent FF car.

If you pass the IB test, you get a Nismo 270R, which is a pretty good FR car.
 
Thanks for the advice all. I'll keep going with license tests and missions.

Won't sell any cars until I know what I'm doing!

GT4 is my first ever game/simulator and I am impressed with
all it does!

Dave
 
cousindave
Thanks for the advice all. I'll keep going with license tests and missions.

Won't sell any cars until I know what I'm doing!

GT4 is my first ever game/simulator and I am impressed with
all it does!

Dave
Keep Playing. Johnny Player.
 
A note of caution, if you're playing in the Americas on an NTSC game, make sure you do Mission 1 first. Otherwise there's a known bug which can stop you reaching 100% complete.

After you've ensured you've done Mission 1, you can do Mission 4 repeatedly to generate some quick credits. It takes about 20s for each attempt, it's very easy to pass and you'll get 1,000Cr for each pass. Do this for 15 minutes, about 2 tries every minute, and you'll have 30,000Cr.

However, you will need to have passed A, B, and iB licence tests in order to enter the first 10 missions.
If you pass these licences, all Bronze, you'll win 3 cars anyway, a Volkswagen Lupo 1.4 '02, a Pontiac Sunfire GXP Concept '02 (both of which you can race) and finally a Nike One 2022 which looks cool, but you can't race in Simulation mode.

May I also suggest that you download the printable car list, prize list and race requirements list which is in this post?
Follow the instructions in the post to print it in the correct format for a compact all-you-need-to-know guide to what-to-find-where?

GT4_Rule
I sold my Lupo from B License test....:ouch:

That shouldn't matter, you can purchase the VW Lupo 1.4 '02 new from the VW dealer in Germany for 15,490Cr. Just be careful not to sell any cars which have a value listed as ------Cr as these are usually only available once and cannot be purchased. Take time to read the side-scrolling text under the prizecar screen, which will usually tell you if a car is only available to be won once!
 
@ Smallhorses
repp'd
Good solid info.

AMG
 
Smallhorses
A note of caution, if you're playing in the Americas on an NTSC game, make sure you do Mission 1 first. Otherwise there's a known bug which can stop you reaching 100% complete.

I guess Im screwed then, because although I dont remember which one I did first, Im not sure I did mission 1 first. What was it about? And is it fixed in the newer games, or is the bug present in all versions? I bought my GT4 last mid-March-April ish.
 
Try a quick search in the GT4 forum on the word "completion"
You should find all the info you need. ;)
 
Back