critics scores are stupid?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jinjin12
  • 16 comments
  • 1,036 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

jinjin12

(Banned)
Messages
38
anyone agree with me that some critics scores of this game are stupid. i mean like IGN don't talk much about the gameplay and how the cars handles, they mention it a bit and but all the mainly do is complain about damage. i doubt they even played GT5 with a steering wheel. i know the reviewers at gamespot did not play it with a steering wheel cause there's a video of him playing it with a controller. being, that it is a driving simulation game, why do they nit pick and talk about other stupid things and not what it's meant to do, which is simulate driving and not crashing.

i mean IGN took off points b/c the menus were "too complicated"?? wtf, the menu in gt5 is slick as hell and looks clean and intuitive, you've have to be a moron not to be able to figure it out.

ALSO, THEY COMPLAIN ABOUT THE MUSIC IN THE GAME? granted, not every track in the game is good, but the reviewer complained about the jazz in the game, WTF? THE JAZZ SONGS ARE THE BEST ONES IN THE GAME...

i mean this game has issues, like the save system and etc, but the reviewers did not even complain about those things, instead of they based their scores on other stupid things.
 
You sir, are correct. I think it is a fantastic game.

However, they spent 5-6 years on it and the hype was MASSIVE. This should have any impact on the score, but I think reviewers expected it to be more than it is.

One should never discard a game like this because reviewers discard it.

The only thing I dislike is the massive Asia-biased selection of cars, but this was expected coming from a Japanese developer.
 
Overall I'm disappointed with the end product of GT5. It's basically a HD version of GT4 with a few small additions. They spent far too long on this game but it really doesn't show for it. I could go on but I think we've all read and heard the same things especially being members of this forum. 5-6 years just to wait for a game filled with standard cars, lol at PD. It's not a very special game at all... prologue was probably more fun and that's sad.

By the way would you like some wine and cheese with that jazz music? jk lol
 
I never owned a PS2, so I think its fair to say that i'm not dissapointed because I only had GT5P to compare it with.
 
anyone agree with me that some critics scores of this game are stupid. blah blah blah.....

You could have stopped from there and I would already have agreed with you. GT games have always been about collecting as many cars as possible, tuning them and being able to drive them with a realistic feel, and GT5 scores 10/10 on that. Anything else is just a bonus. 👍
 
Anyone who complains about the GT's series menu music should be shot. There are not repetitive like many others and some are relaxing.
 
Psshhh, I completely agree that the menus are annoying to use mish mashed junk, go to specials, then hit bottom right, you think it'd take you to the used car section right, nope, wrong. Try it out for yourself, it's like something from a sega genesis game. I also agree that most of the music sucks, much of the "jazz" is crap, sounds like 70s porn music and there's way too much electronic, Kaz has mostly poor taste in music IMO.
 
You're angry because you have a different opinion? Maybe don't worry about it so much.
 
I actually agree with most of the reviews that are in the 8-9/10 range. It's the 10/10 ones that I find to be stupid.
A game that comes with a crapload of flaws shouldn't get 10s, so 8 to 9 seems about right to me.

And last time I checked, that's where GT5 is at currently, according to Metacritic.
 
GT5 isn't perfect, so they were expecting that.
 
ALSO, THEY COMPLAIN ABOUT THE MUSIC IN THE GAME? granted, not every track in the game is good, but the reviewer complained about the jazz in the game, WTF? THE JAZZ SONGS ARE THE BEST ONES IN THE GAME...

That's a total contradiction!

You're criticising the reviewers for their opinion by saying it differs to your opinion. You're doing what they're doing!
 
anyone agree with me that some critics scores of this game are stupid. i mean like IGN don't talk much about the gameplay and how the cars handles, they mention it a bit and but all the mainly do is complain about damage. i doubt they even played GT5 with a steering wheel. i know the reviewers at gamespot did not play it with a steering wheel cause there's a video of him playing it with a controller. being, that it is a driving simulation game, why do they nit pick and talk about other stupid things and not what it's meant to do, which is simulate driving and not crashing.

A video of a guy using a controller does not prove they never used a wheel.

Also the value of reviewing a game as if you have a wheel is questionable when the vast majority of users will not be playing it with a wheel.

i mean IGN took off points b/c the menus were "too complicated"?? wtf, the menu in gt5 is slick as hell and looks clean and intuitive, you've have to be a moron not to be able to figure it out.

The menu system (especially the home one) is far better suited to a touch screen than to the controller the PS3 is limited to. I absolutely agree the menu is archaic and poor consider the platform. If this was an iphone I think the menu system would be great.

The constant in and out and backtracking through menu systems however is questionable and especially the repetative and non intuitve portions like buying used cars and upgrade parts are far from well thought out.

ALSO, THEY COMPLAIN ABOUT THE MUSIC IN THE GAME? granted, not every track in the game is good, but the reviewer complained about the jazz in the game, WTF? THE JAZZ SONGS ARE THE BEST ONES IN THE GAME...

Music is a personal taste sort of thing so I think everyone knows to keep that in mind, that said, I don't know many people who are happy with the GT5 sound track.
 
I never buy a game based on the game reviews. I bought Left 4 Dead 2 because it got very high review scores, but when I played it, I thought it was fun for the first 10 minutes then after that, it just got repetitive. Just an example. Buy games on your own taste, not the reviewer.
 
Last edited:
I understand your point, but I agree with the scores given. Don't worry, i think it deserves 10/10 for gameplay/driving and is still one of the most fun games out on the PS3. But 5 years in the waiting and only 1/5 of the cars are finished. That just seems sloppy. The other faults that others have mentioned (I can more easily let go), adds to the feel of an unfinished game. I can't help be slightly disappointed by such a long wait for an unfinished game.
 
I actually kind of agree with the OP. I suppose the scores of 85% seem warranted, but it seems like they focused much more on the negative than on the positive. I'll say this...it is one of the only games I've played where I have felt it was actually better than the reviews; typically it is the other way around.

The thing that really made me discredit the gamespot review...(and I know this sounds stupid) was when I saw the guy using the chase cam...or 3rd person view, or whatever it is called. No offense to you if you use that view, but c'mon; does anybody who is even mildly good at driving use that view?

Music I personally love, in comparison with other games especially. But it probably shouldn't even weigh into a review.

At the end of the day, I've got a list of complaints about the game...but having said that...I've been playing it a lot since the day it came out, so they must have done something right.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back