CronusMax or Thrustmaster TX

• Thread starter Odorousbag
  • 7 comments
United States
Texas
Odorousbag87
In advance I am sorry that this is another wheel compatibility thread:
I have had my Fanatec CSR for only 2 years now it works great I love the effin thing. However, it does not work on the PS4 or Xbone. I was trying to find if there was another FFB wheel on the market (comparable to the DFGT, yes I have one of those too and love it equally at my go to GT wheel) but there is the T80 and the 458 Spider which have no FFB. It's like us mid level users were thrown on to the street with this generation. Fanatec says they have something in the works but lord knows how long that is gonna take. So I found this item:
http://controllermax.com/

I saw a few people using them and I heard that with a third party program you can get psuedo FFB. Which I would like to know if there are any users out there. Because sixty bucks to use my at the time $400 wheel is a lot better then paying the price of my console (again) for a wheel.

Also, if this is not the answer has anyone used the 458 spider wheel and liked it? I mean its "bungie cord" technology which thrust master boasts and to me sounds so freaking unpleasant.

Ive spoken to microsoft xbox support directly about this device specifically in the past. I got told in no uncertain terms, that if used on either the Xbox 360 or Xbox one, your xbox account and any console they have been used on will be banned from Xbox live (this includes any family or friends Xbox's). The main reason been, that device can be used to create macros. These can be used in fighting games, and allow a single button press to pull off a combo chain. They considerer it a device that allows the end user to cheat in games. They say that devices like this that allow you to use any controller, also go against the terms and conditions that you agreed to when signing up for xbox live and buying the console.

After talking to Microsoft about this device, I just went out and bought a TX wheel.

The TX wheel is a good wheel, but if you have any issues with it; be prepared to have a potential fight with Thrustmaster. Myself and a few others have had a very hard time dealing with their tech support, and I personally had to get the UK trading standards involved when my TX broke. But on the other hand, there are a lot of people who have also been met with good support from Thrustmaster. You will have to weight up the pro's and cons yourself.

The pedals that come with the wheel are not too bad, but there is a 3rd party adaptor that allows the use of Fanatec pedals on the wheel directly. Which also works on the Xbox one, as the pedals work through the wheel itself. The shifter though, you would have to buy the Thrustmaster TH8A. This is the one compatible with the Xbox one.

http://www.basherboards.com/CPX (pedal adaptor)

I guess I can wait for what the guy below me is talking about with all Fanatec products being available on X1 in the future. Yeah I knew it was too good to be true. I just figured it would be a good idea. Like I said about the TX almost 300 is just way to much.

I guess I can wait for what the guy below me is talking about with all Fanatec products being available on X1 in the future. Yeah I knew it was too good to be true. I just figured it would be a good idea. Like I said about the TX almost 300 is just way to much.

Besides the T300rs for the ps4, the TX probably has the best wheel base for that price range. What fanatec are offering for the X1 compatible as far as I understand, is a wheel they will supply at considerable cost, which adds Xbox one compatibility to the Clubsport wheel base v2. At least that is the gist of things I got from their various postings and information on it all. If that is the case, you are looking at spending a good £800/$800 dollars or more for an X1 wheel, not including shifter and pedals. In your case, you already have a fanatec set of pedals. It would be a good option though, if they can also do the same for the PS4.

As much as I hate to say it though, buying a TX and the CPX fanatec pedal adaptor from BasherBoards; would be the most cost effective way to get a wheel for the X1 at this time. For the wheel, it is possible to find discounts on the TX via amazon and other shops. Sometimes of $70 or more. Which you could put towards the TH8A shifter. It is only the reliability issues and stock pedals with the TX which have let it down. But it has been out a year now, so I would hope that those issues should be resolved by now. There must be a hardware Revision of the TX by now? or at least I would hope so anyway.

Ive spoken to microsoft xbox support directly about this device specifically in the past. I got told in no uncertain terms, that if used on either the Xbox 360 or Xbox one, your xbox account and any console they have been used on will be banned from Xbox live (this includes any family or friends Xbox's). The main reason been, that device can be used to create macros. These can be used in fighting games, and allow a single button press to pull off a combo chain. They considerer it a device that allows the end user to cheat in games. They say that devices like this that allow you to use any controller, also go against the terms and conditions that you agreed to when signing up for xbox live and buying the console.

After talking to Microsoft about this device, I just went out and bought a TX wheel.

Something tells me this is a joke post.

Believe what you want to, but that is what Microsoft Xbox support told me directly. The jist of it all is, you are breaking the terms of service by using a device such as the Chronusmax. Regardless though, there are people using them, but I know I wouldn't.

Actually this is not a joke.
Any device that you connect to the Xbox console`s must be approved and have a security chip from Microsoft installed by the 3rd party vendor. If the device does not have the chip installed it can and will be eventually detected by Xbox Live and will be deactivated during the next Xbox quarterly system update.

welp, guess an Xbone isn't in my future then. Console has a horrendous selection of racing games compared to PC anyway, so I'm not missing much. Hell, I'd take my PS3 over X1 for racing games.

Back