cronusmax plus or drivehub?

• Thread starter Anakin1138
  • 3 comments
United States
United States
I have a Logitech Driving Force Pro that I would like to be able to use on both an xbox one and ps4. I just discovered that both of these adapters exist and have been reading and comparing the reviews on each. For my purposes, I think my main interest is in the application for the steering wheel, with not that much interest in using the cronusmax for other controllers. Still, the price difference gives me pause. For steering wheel applications, can anyone offer perspective on how to compare the two. Any preference on which I should focus on?

Thanks for the help!

No input on either of them I'm afraid, but try searching for a GIMX adapter. I have one and it's been brilliant at running my G27 on my PS4, plus they can be bought/made for a fraction of the cost. Only downside is that they require a pc or laptop nearby to run the software, whereas that is self contained in the other two.

The driving force pro isn't properly supported on CronusMax. This is more about the wheel than the device. The DFPro only supports 270° or 900°, not the range of values between them.
Its a fairly old wheel, so its usb 1.1 not 2.0 like the wheels that came after, this makes it super slow and it wont keep up with the FFB sent from the modern consoles/games to modern wheels.

There is more support in DriveHub as we have better control of the emulation seeing as it has a far superior CPU compared to CronusMax... But "working" doesnt necessarily mean you will have an enjoyable experience...

I would have to say that you would be better off buying a newer wheel, even it that were just a second hand DFGT of G25... you would still need a DriveHub to use it on XB1 & PS4... or just get a PS4 or XB1 wheel.... the cheapest one are the t150 for PS4 or the TMX for XB1...

Its a fairly old wheel, so its usb 1.1 not 2.0 like the wheels that came after, this makes it super slow and it wont keep up with the FFB sent from the modern consoles/games to modern wheels.
Is it possible to convert or modify it to be usb 2.0 or better?
(sorry for the thread bump but this was a topic I was curious about for a while)

Back