Crossplay - a huge shift from Sony.

• Thread starter Daz555
  • 11 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
With Sony caving in on Fortnite cross play meaning PC, Xbone, Switch and PS4 can all play together (surely Minecraft will come soon as well), what hope of Project Cars 2 making the leap to cross play?

The online player base is relatively small so it would be a huge injection into the community if we could all play together. Time to break down those walls.

It could even unlock 32 player multiplayer for console players. We could have PS4 and Xbox players connecting to 32 player PC dedicated servers. That would be superb!

Would be cool but I cant see it happening :( if only they would support keyboard and mouse they would get more pc players and I think the ps4 would struggle online with a grid of 32 and WiFi

With Sony caving in on Fortnite cross play meaning PC, Xbone, Switch and PS4 can all play together (surely Minecraft will come soon as well), what hope of Project Cars 2 making the leap to cross play?

The online player base is relatively small so it would be a huge injection into the community if we could all play together. Time to break down those walls.

It could even unlock 32 player multiplayer for console players. We could have PS4 and Xbox players connecting to 32 player PC dedicated servers. That would be superb!
Not so sure on minecraft since Microsoft requires you to login into a Microsoft account.

Would be cool but I cant see it happening :( if only they would support keyboard and mouse they would get more pc players and I think the ps4 would struggle online with a grid of 32 and WiFi
Agreed. Wifi is not ideal for gaming but PS4 players always have the option of ethernet.

Switch players can play with Windows and XBone players so no technical reason why PS can not join in.
It doesn't matter what the others do, if you think sony is gonna allow a microsoft account on the ps4 then your dreaming there.

It doesn't matter what the others do, if you think sony is gonna allow a microsoft account on the ps4 then your dreaming there.
Sony need to pull their heads out of their ass and be consistent. They allow all sorts of accounts to be used in games and there is no good reason to single out Microsoft accounts.

Sony need to pull their heads out of their ass and be consistent. They allow all sorts of accounts to be used in games and there is no good reason to single out Microsoft accounts.
So you think sony is gonna allow micosoft accounts on the ps4

ok :eek:

Why do you think Sony would make it such a point to exclude one external account any differently than any other? It's unlikely, but it seemed pretty unlikely they would even do what they just did when they were in full blown circa-2006 douche mode regarding any crossplay just a couple weeks ago.

Last edited:
So you think sony is gonna allow micosoft accounts on the ps4

ok :eek:
To be fair I didn't say they would. I just criticised Sony for not allowing it in the case of MS when they are happy for example for games to use an EA account or a World of Tanks account or a dozen others.

To be fair I didn't say they would. I just criticised Sony for not allowing it in the case of MS when they are happy for example for games to use an EA account or a World of Tanks account or a dozen others.
Omg your talking about to different things, sony and micosoft are platfrom holders ea is a game maker.

sony or micosoft can allow you to sign in on any account from any game maker like ea,epic,and so on but not from another platfrom holder.

It would be like me going out and bying a xb1 and signing to my psn account on that xb1

Omg your talking about to different things, sony and micosoft are platfrom holders
OMG so is nintendo and they seam fien wit it!!?

It would be like me going out and bying a xb1 and signing to my psn account on that xb1
It's actually not like that at all. What does a PSN account overwhelmingly get used for? Hint: It's in the name.

Yet I daresay there are hundreds of millions of Microsoft Accounts owned by people who have not and never will touch an Xbox because of what Microsoft uses those accounts for. Those numbers also will include quite a few people who own Minecraft on Windows, phones and Nintendo consoles. Sony allowing crossplay with the other platforms that already have Minecraft crossplay does not mean that they need to allow you access to your entire XBox Live dashboard. They don't even have to set it up as you actually logging into your Microsoft account if that's really giving them spasms. Just have the Minecraft account on your PS4 be automatically linked.

Is it likely? No. But no one was ever saying as much. Was the Fortnite thing itself likely? No, it certainly didn't seem as such only a little while ago when a Sony executive broached the topic after things had quiet down about it only to reassert that it's your fault for buying the game on another system; damn near approaching "it's your fault if you can't afford to pay $600 for a PS3" douchebaggery from a decade ago. If Sony was too terribly worried about making sure Microsoft could piss off, they probably wouldn't have Minecraft on the system to begin with.

Last edited:
Back