Cruise/Show/Meet! This is what I've been waiting for in a car game!

• Thread starter digitalic
  • 11 comments
I'm so happy to hear that horizon will have all these features that we have seen a lot of people have been doing unofficially online in games such as Gran Turismo 5 and Forza 4, and that's setting up lobbies that focuses on a more casual gameplay mode such as cruising together, having a car meet or car show, doing photoshoots, and video. I am glad someone is stepping up and paying attention to where this genre is growing into. It's where TDU left off, nd I am hoping that this turns out to be an amazing title. October can't come any sooner!

I remember this being often requested back in the FM2 days and no doubt in the days of the first game too. It's pushing the genre into more interesting areas. No matter how much you enjoy track driving, driving recklessly on roads with no repurcussions is something just about anyone with petrol in their veins has wanted to do at some point. Drifting, drag racing, circuit racing, time trials. All should be possible here and all with the wonderful Forza physics.

Wow, didn't know it went that far back? But it's great to see the driving genre shifting and branching out to create a more realistic driving experience without just limiting it to racing around a big loop numerous times. Love the idea that it's giving us freedom to do different things and change things up a bit. Love how Forza 4 is keeping things diverse by having many different types of events. It's not just about racing many laps on a track anymore, but we have drag racing, drifting, cruising, car shows, photoshoots, etc. I'm so happy that someone is stepping up and setting a new standard for car games, and I hope others are soon to follow. After all competition will only make it better.

VXR
I remember this being often requested back in the FM2 days and no doubt in the days of the first game too. It's pushing the genre into more interesting areas. No matter how much you enjoy track driving, driving recklessly on roads with no repurcussions is something just about anyone with petrol in their veins has wanted to do at some point. Drifting, drag racing, circuit racing, time trials. All should be possible here and all with the wonderful Forza physics.

+1, if there is only going to be more traffic, much more, specially on winding roads.

+1, if there is only going to be more traffic, much more, specially on winding roads.

Traffic + winding mountain passes = I hope there's a rewind button...

I think there is a rewind button, cant recall though. I hope they have some really twisty roads. From the videos I've seen, the canyon they were driving through didnt seem as tight as i would have liked it. Would be cool to see traffic jams on freeways but I'd doubt they'd be able to model that many cars in one single spot.

Horizon should be a fun open world racing game that you can do some sanction racing with the festival, random street racing with NP's or online folks. We will have off roading an exploring all good stuff and supported by T10 and thats already better than TDU2 supported by so called atari.

I just want to see if they make this better than TDU1 or TDU2. When it comes to open world sandbox cruising, showing, meeting and and offroad cruising, they did an excellent job with those 2 games. Plus TDU2 has 2 islands, night and day cycle, and rain. Sometimes massive rain and thunderstorms that flood the road with awesome lightning displays. If Horizon can top that I will be very happy.

I just want to see if they make this better than TDU1 or TDU2. When it comes to open world sandbox cruising, showing, meeting and and offroad cruising, they did an excellent job with those 2 games. Plus TDU2 has 2 islands, night and day cycle, and rain. Sometimes massive rain and thunderstorms that flood the road with awesome lightning displays. If Horizon can top that I will be very happy.

Those two games have crap physics though, if this is even close to Forza 4 it will be epic

Yeah cruises should be pretty fun, used to do it in Midnight Club LA, but much better now with proper physics. I just need to get a good group of guys together and it's a nice night of casual driving ahead.

Lets hope T10/PG have done a good job with online play where you can get all 8 in a session with no problems. TDU2 was bad with this for club racing or just trying to get together for a cruise.

Back