• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
This is a general thread about riding cruiser bikes. Feel free to contribute.

Why do you ride a cruiser? Independence. Attitude. Feeling as free as an eagle. Nothing like riding a cruiser. I'm surely no stranger to cruiser bikes as I've seen my fair share of Harley-Davidsons and stuff. People even build up their own cruisers, sometimes from the ground up. When you ride one or just see someone on a cruiser, it's just what kind of rock and roll feeling is like- apart from the others with a motorcycle that has character, style, and a throaty roar for all to hear. Whether heading down the Interstate or being in the Sturgis Bike Rally, there's nothing like a chopper.

Harley-Davidson has been the all-American motorcycle for over a century. That is, as long as you don't talk to anybody from Victory. One Victory that was recently advertised was the Victory Vision. Now at first glance, either it's an artistic chopper... or a chopper that also serves as a touring bike. * I mentioned Hyosung in my proposal thread for this motorcycle forum. It's the first Korean motorcycle company I know. While the Hyosung GV650 Avitar obviously isn't American, I think it looks very nice. Its looks are subtle, yet stylish. See for yourself here: < http://www.cbxmanmotorcycles.com/Hyosung-Cruiser-Motorcycle-GV-650-Avitar-Cruiser.aspx >.

Just like that. You're free to chat about cruisers from many different makes. Talk about why you love cruisers and choppers. Maybe share some of the sickest-looking cruisers and customs. And with Bike Week coming up, I'm sure there will be a lot of talk about some of the coolest cruisers on the road. So how about it? Let's talk cruisers and choppers.

I just want to focus in on the Hyosung GV650 Avitar. A review is here with more pictures:

http://www.cruisernet.com/blog/index.cfm?page=blog&blogid=153

It isn't a Harley. It isn't any Japanese cruiser. I just thought the way this cruiser looks is pretty fast. It's a sporty look the way the bike is profiled from the sides. If you read the review, you get to know some of the rants against this cruiser. One such thing involves how the ignition switch is exposed. After all, this isn't a Harley or anything. Just trying to keep threads like this going. I think it's pretty stylish, even (again) if this Korean chopper can't hold a candle to some of the more American cruiser bikes in style and performance. I think it's quite lovely in its looks. It's very subtle in its design, but has a fast appearance. Very nice cruiser.

Back