CSL DD Pro - Random "Controller Disconnected"

• Thread starter Guffaluff
  • 4 comments
Iceland
Iceland
Guffaluff
Been doing some searching around but fail to find any concrete information, so I figured I'd put up a post and see if anyone has had similar issues.

So I have the Fanatec CSL DD Pro (8nm) and am having a strange issue. Occasionally the wheel randomly disconnects and the "Controller disconnected" message pops up on the PS5. The wheel doesn't turn off, and I just press the PS button again for it to assign as a controller again. Often when I do that, it disconnects again, and sometimes .. again. It seems I need to unplug the USB and power leads from the base, and re-connect them, for it to stay connected after this has happened once.

I don't connect this to anything specific, it's very random, and it's bothering me. I live in Iceland so the last resort would be to ship the wheel overseas, but I would really really like to avoid that if there is a possible solution.

Has anyone encounter this problem?

Been really solid for me, but several things in posts I’ve read:

center post on the base coming out if the collet loosens - beleive its called the wireless hub adapater or something
flexing or loose QR lite - the plastic adapater (BTW the metal QR1 option is really a lot better and recommend upgrade)
bad or low bandwidth USB cabling or extension
PS5 front vs back USB port
electrical interference or grounding issues with the rig

this thread may have some info
dd pro thread

Last edited:
Have a look at this to see if the shaft needs reseating, also as was said above using a USB extension cable can cause issues. I've not had any disconnects with mine in over a year of use and have always used the supplied cable and front USB port on the PS5.

Last edited:
Been really solid for me, but several things in posts I’ve read:

center post on the base coming out if the collet loosens - beleive its called the wireless hub adapater or something
flexing or loose QR lite - the plastic adapater (BTW the metal QR1 option is really a lot better and recommend upgrade)
bad or low bandwidth USB cabling or extension
PS5 front vs back USB port
electrical interference or grounding issues with the rig

this thread may have some info
dd pro thread

Have a look at this to see if the shaft needs reseating, also as was said above using a USB extension cable can cause issues. I've not had any disconnects with mine in over a year of use and have always used the supplied cable and front USB port on the PS5.
Thanks guys, will take a look at this, will try the re-seating.

I do have the QR1 quick release, as I don't fully trust the supplied plastic one, and I don't use a extension cable and I always connect to the front port. I'm starting to suspect the cable might be faulty and have reached out to Fanatec.

regarding connections - I think cable quality could be more of the issue. On my rig before I got the DD pro last year I was running a CSW V2 w Drivehub, Hari controller etc. This meant rigging up a small hub on the rig for the various connections. So when I added the DD I only replaced the cable from the wheelbase to the hub with the one supplied by Fanatec w the DD. As my rig feed cable was USB A, I started using that front port on the PS5. Sony supplied cables for the DS were also USB A so I moved the rig connection to the rear w an extension so I didn’t have to deal with that. Rear ports are usb 3 btw so maybe better?

So as you can see I have a lot more cabling involved. Don’t know if the small hub helps or not but its still in place as I have a button box and headphone cable as well. And I have not had the disconnect issues. Going direct may help isolate issues, but using exentsions and other items is not neccesarily a contributer

Back