CSL Elite throttle pedal 30% foot pressure = 100% in game?

United States
Columbia, MD USA
Laserbeak43
Is it just me or does the CSL Elite pedals (I'm using ClubSport V3) register as 100% when you've only pressed it less than halfway down? I mean, I know I lose control so much that I might as well be named "Spin Doctor", but I've been playing since launch and just noticed this. This could be seriously messing up my gameplay.

Not a real solution, but you can wedge a stress ball (or something similar) behind the brake pedal to firm up the travel. This should give you more precise control on your braking inputs. Did this on my old G25 since at a certain point the brake travel was more of an on/off switch than linear application.

Thanks for the reply, it's the throttle that's doing this to me. My brake has adjustable pressure. Actually played around with it for the first time today. Looks like I would have to wedge something in between the spring of my gas pedal. I'm afraid it would warp the spring... I just don't understand why 30% on my pedal doesn't = 30% in game. Or at least something a lot closer to it.

My mistake. I read throttle in your post but was typing brake in mine. How handy are you with electronics? Perhaps a recalibration of the throttle's potentiometer is in order.

Well I have an EE degree, but I won't go toying with my V3s until I can determine it's the actual pedals and not GT Sport :)

Does using the Fanatec calibration software on PC have any affect on the hardware when connected to a PS4?

Well I have an EE degree, but I won't go toying with my V3s until I can determine it's the actual pedals and not GT Sport :)

Does using the Fanatec calibration software on PC have any affect on the hardware when connected to a PS4?

Yes the settings get stored to the wheel. I have adjusted the min and max on all my CSL Elite Pedals and noticed the change in GT Sport.

@Laserbeak43 game calibrate your max brake to be there where you press it on first time on track/game, so make sure at you press it firmly to register 100% hard enough.
Throttle same thing, press fully to get 100% on bottom, not on halfway. GTS has non-linear pedal response, that will make differences on use, also GTS has difference on response curves between cars.

@Laserbeak43 game calibrate your max brake to be there where you press it on first time on track/game, so make sure at you press it firmly to register 100% hard enough.
Throttle same thing, press fully to get 100% on bottom, not on halfway. GTS has non-linear pedal response, that will make differences on use, also GTS has difference on response curves between cars.
Good to know. Thanks very much. I assumed there was some sort of auto-calibration, since there's nothing in the menus for it.
Yes the settings get stored to the wheel. I have adjusted the min and max on all my CSL Elite Pedals and noticed the change in GT Sport.
Sweet! I'm not spinning out around corners anymore! I still am pretty scared that I would though! I need to relearn how to drive!:D
A great problem to have! Thanks! :cheers:

I do get a bit of jiter in my brake throttle and clutch in the control panel in Windows... I've noticed my ABS turning on without hitting the brakes as well. I wonder if this has something to do with it?

I do get a bit of jiter in my brake throttle and clutch in the control panel in Windows... I've noticed my ABS turning on without hitting the brakes as well. I wonder if this has something to do with it?
Are you speaking ABS rumble generated by your wheel/pedal? If yes, then I'll just suggest to turn it off from wheel setup menu (inside your fanstec wheel), it's not communicating with game, only checking how much brake you physically apply and triggers on certain level of pedal pressure/travel, nothing to do with GTS.

Are you speaking ABS rumble generated by your wheel/pedal? If yes, then I'll just suggest to turn it off from wheel setup menu (inside your fanstec wheel), it's not communicating with game, only checking how much brake you physically apply and triggers on certain level of pedal pressure/travel, nothing to do with GTS.
I am (was) getting an ABS jitter in game. In the Fanatec calibration menu on windows there were small jitters too. I have not noticed the jitter today though...

I'm using a load cell pedal set.

I've tested my pedal set using the TM pedal calibration tool and found that the throttle application is smooth and linear.

It's the GT sport game that is registering a non linear throttle application.

Is there a solution for that?

Perhaps what I'm experiencing is different than that of the OP.

In GT Sport, my throttle pedal travel is not linear, and by that I mean that it's not 1:1 (actual pedal application vs on screen pedal application) throughout the sweep.

It's like the first 10% of travel is 1:1. The next 10-70% is 1:2 and the last 30% back to 1:1 if that makes sense.

Latest Posts

Back