CSW V2.5 and the Drive Hub: Do they work well together or is it just masking?

• Thread starter BuckFly
  • 14 comments
United States
United States
BuckFly
BuckFly
Please know your answers in advance are greatly appreciated.

In short, I currently have TX base, with the 599XX EVO wheel, TH8A shifter, CSR Elite pedals (communicates through the CPX V1) and I am able to game on the PS4 with the Drive Hub.

Primarily an Xbox One X and PS4 Pro user, but will eventually upgrade and add a PC, but not right now.

It was my hope to make the switch shortly to fanatec, of which I used last generation with my Prosche GT2 wheel and obviously the pedals mentioned above.

My question for those of you in the know: I am aware that the Drive Hub does work for the V2.5 on the PS4 (or the Xbox, but I would like get the Universal Hub for that), but how well does it work? Is it true to form, or is it as true to form as one can get on the consoles with respect to the wheel base, or is it merely just mimicking one of the potentially lesser wheels (on let's say GT Sport) as a result of the Drive Hub just translating?

Please note I did consider the CSL Elite base for the PS4 and the Xbox Elite P1 wheel. However, given the layout of our home the "knocking" of the Elite base, even with the FEI update which is questionable and varies between games and cars, is not an option.

Again, thank you in advance for your responses as they are appreciated.

Last edited:
CSW imitates CSL wheels (if the game has fanatec support) or g29. In the case of GTsport even CSL imitates g29 (until update)

In terms of sound my csw v2 is quiet. Sometimes fans do kick in but they are not that bad.

Last edited:
I pretty much have the same question so hopefully someone can clear it up. Since Drivehub is emulation, we won't quite get Fanatecs intended feel and possibly functionality, correct? I was thinking of doing this for all system compatibility...

1) CSL Elite PS4 and CSL Wheel P1
or
2) CSL Elite PS4 and Drive hub

In my scenario xbox may not be as faithful and in Buckflys case it may be PS4 (I'm also considering CSW 2.5 scenario). The amount is probably subjective.

It would be so easy for me just to do the csl elite for PS4, along with the csl elite P1 for the One X, but honestly, there is noise and then there is disturbance.

My set-up is in the basement, and I have a two story house and you would think that is not a problem, but it is. We have sort of an open concept floor plan and that, along with ventilation system allow for sounds to travel throughout the house. When my wife is playing music and on the treadmill I hear it clearly on the second floor. No big deal as I am usually up at 5 in the morning. However, I don't want to disturb my family when they are sleeping and the"knock" or "notching" noise of the csl elite base would most certainly provide that bass thumb that could be felt throughout the house. That said I know there is the FEI, but what am I paying for if I end up dumbing down the whole wheel because of this? I love fanatec but this honestly is a fatal flaw, at least for me.

Damn thing is, too, that gt sport is more my go to game now and this would have been perfect.

Yes I have a thrustmaster wheel, but pedals are almost more important to me and I want to make the switch back to fanatec ecosystem for that reason. The CPX is great, but I want to be universal at some point with my sort-up.

Very frustrating. If no "knock" then this decision would have already been made.

CSW imitates CSL wheels (if the game has fanatec support) or g29. In the case of GTsport even CSL imitates g29 (until update)

In terms of sound my csw v2 is quiet. Sometimes fans do kick in but they are not that bad.

Thank you.

@Podger

Podger, when the CSL Elite issues get worked out with GT Sport/PS4 Pro, will you guys plan on doing a firmware update to have wheels, such as the CSW V2.5, work as or through the CSL Elite software or will it just continue to be base upon, as I currently understand it and correct me if I am wrong, the G29 wheel?

Please, your response would be greatly appreciated as it will influence my decision even this week.

If you guys aren't sure at this time, that's fine, too. It just helps me to know.

Thank you.

@BuckFly
That already a part of DriveHub.. That's what the whole Fanatec/Fanlogic switching does...

Fanalogic = emulate G29 on ps4, G920 on xb1
Fanatec = emulate CSL E PS4 on PS4, emulate CSLE + Uhub -or- CSW 2.0 + Uhub ( depending in which base you use)

Thank you. May I ask which the V2.5 is ambulating?

I listed them out.. that refers to all Fanatec bases...
under the Fanatec & Xbox there is a choice made based on the torque of the base you use,
1.0/2.0/2.5 will emulate a 2.0 + uhub.....
CSL/CSR/Porsche will emulate CSL + uhub..

I listed them out.. that refers to all Fanatec bases...
under the Fanatec & Xbox there is a choice made based on the torque of the base you use,
1.0/2.0/2.5 will emulate a 2.0 + uhub.....
CSL/CSR/Porsche will emulate CSL + uhub..

Podger, my apologies, buddy, as I only saw the 2.0. Thank you.

fanatec have 4 configs on Xbox with 4 vid/pid pairs.
1. CSL + P1,
2. CSL + UHub,
3. CSW 2.0 + P1,
4. CSW 2.0 + UHub

the P1 isn't well supported so we don't use that one.. the graphic is never good in games, so people thought it wasn't working..
2.5 + UHub shows up as a 2.0 + Uhub..

fanatec have 4 configs on Xbox with 4 vid/pid pairs.
1. CSL + P1,
2. CSL + UHub,
3. CSW 2.0 + P1,
4. CSW 2.0 + UHub

the P1 isn't well supported so we don't use that one.. the graphic is never good in games, so people thought it wasn't working..
2.5 + UHub shows up as a 2.0 + Uhub..

Thank you. Lately I have been more interest in the PS4 with the possibility of the CSW V2.5

Podger, by the way and just a reminder to you, I am a Drive Hub owner who loves your product (TX used on the PS4...for now). I am just trying to make my wheel decision, going forward.

So much appreciation to you, and what you guys are doing with the Drive Hub.

Back