Curbstones are made of ice since the last update

  • Thread starter Thread starter KlubbinJay
  • 9 comments
  • 1,035 views
Messages
92
Netherlands
Nijmegen, Netherlands
Messages
Klubbin__Jay
Why does it looks like the curbstones on each track at GT6 is made of ice since last update? Have anyone noticed it yet?

I've heared a lot of complains about this in the online lobbies since the last update, it looks like PD changed the gripmode of the curbs into something terrible and slippy. I experienced the same problem with curbstones at each track, normally if you hit the curbstones your car will not spin around into 360° or more. It not ussual that this happends, the curstones are aside the tracks to prevent you (caused by the feeling of the curbstones) to hit the wall, barrier or to end up in the gravel. But since the last update the curbstones prevent you of driving fast by turning you around on the track.

Have anyone noticed this yet or have someone else experienced the same problem overhere?

Regards, Jay
 
I notice the Red Bull Ring in particular the kerbs are almost impossible to drive on, like wet patches or even snow patches. :lol: I think that when I watched the real F1 race on RBR I was jealous at how much kerb they could use on exit.

It's strange though because on other tracks the grip is the same as before on kerbs or about the same. maybe the RBR has slippery kerbs, I know they scanned that track of sorts.
 
I notice the Red Bull Ring in particular the kerbs are almost impossible to drive on, like wet patches or even snow patches. :lol: I think that when I watched the real F1 race on RBR I was jealous at how much kerb they could use on exit.

It's strange though because on other tracks the grip is the same as before on kerbs or about the same. maybe the RBR has slippery kerbs, I know they scanned that track of sorts.

Well, i have the problem on each "real excisting" track. Its not only at RBR (even the RBR is hard to hit the throttle on the exit). I think that PD need to change that because its TOO hard to exit the turn/corners like we used to. I dont know if you use a wheel or a controller, but i do use a wheel for a very long time but what PD did with the Curbstones is even for a "wheel"-player too tricky and unussual.
 
I was doing some FFB testing at the Red Bull Ring the other night in a stock S2000 and the F3 and I didn't feel the curbs were any more lively than before. I could drive right over the little sausage curbs with the S2000 at race speed and not even feel them.

To the OP, perhaps you should gives us a particular car/track/tire/corner combination to test.
 
He could be referring to the green patches behind the curbs on many of the corners of the Red Bull Ring. They offer no grip at all, but maybe they're supposed to be that way.
 
The RBRing doesn't have slippy kerbs, it has slippy astro run-off.

Other than that, no change for me... unless you expect kerbs to have the same amount of grip as tarmac?
 
Actually, the very opposite is true imo. Before the 1.09 update, kerbs would spin you out more, now you can drive over them much more easily. I preferred how they were before.
 
VBR
Actually, the very opposite is true imo. Before the 1.09 update, kerbs would spin you out more, now you can drive over them much more easily. I preferred how they were before.
This. I use kerbs to their full extent at times now. They're not supposed to be as grippy as pavement and that is the case in GT6. I don't slide off. If you're running zero camber, you're going to get bounced or spun off them, though. Using camber, the tires ride up quite nicely as long as you don't steer directly into the kerb...which no one would, so...

No issue here. I was using a LOT of kerb yesterday whilst testing a softer suspension setup for the nurb 24hr circuit. You can't regard every kerb as the same either. They have different heights, contours, etc. You can't gun it off of them in real life anyways and they're not made out of tar. Red and white strips are always painted as well, of course. So, don't expect to blast off of them in a car with a lot of power or a lack of grip; ie comfort tires. Haven't done much with sports hards. Anything softer, I've tested and feels as it should in real life, sans the actual feeling.
 
Yeah i have noticed it as well. Since the last update, if i hit that ripple strip it sends me off into no-mans land.
 
1.09 had updated suspension physics. Are you setting your car to low?
I Had a Spoon CR-Z that was set up perfectly. Now it scrapes the kerbs all aver the place!
 
Back