curved monitor versus 4k tv

• Thread starter twoskodas
  • 24 comments
Ireland
Ireland
As above im thinking of upgrading my rig ,at the moment im siting 4ft away from a 40 inch 1080p flat screen ,im looking for more immersion so my idea is to sit the screen behind my wheelbase,my choice is either 32 benq 303r curved monitor not 4k,or 32 -40 inch 4k flat screen tv ,thoughts please if any of you has made this choice ,or has this monitor , this will be using xbox one x only. really like the idea of the curved screen but only if it wont distort the picture.many thanks

thanks for links ,but pockets not deep enough for those,4 -5 hundred max euros ,will only be used for xbox one x sim driving ,also dont think consoles can cope with that size of a screen.

thanks for links ,but pockets not deep enough for those,4 -5 hundred max euros ,will only be used for xbox one x sim driving ,also dont think consoles can cope with that size of a screen.
Oops, you mentioned it that it is only for Xbox One X use only in your first post. I must have missed it. In that case, a TV is the better choice.

I think I'll have to see them in real life,really want 4k but the curved screen would be better for immersion.first world problems:rolleyes:

As above im thinking of upgrading my rig ,at the moment im siting 4ft away from a 40 inch 1080p flat screen ,im looking for more immersion so my idea is to sit the screen behind my wheelbase,my choice is either 32 benq 303r curved monitor not 4k,or 32 -40 inch 4k flat screen tv ,thoughts please if any of you has made this choice ,or has this monitor , this will be using xbox one x only. really like the idea of the curved screen but only if it wont distort the picture.many thanks
40" flat vs 32" curved? No contest - bigger every time. A bigger, closer screen allows you to get closer to the mathematically correct field of view - an accurate FOV will help immersion far more than a curved screen. And curved TVs are not really that curved anyway.

40" flat vs 32" curved? No contest - bigger every time. A bigger, closer screen allows you to get closer to the mathematically correct field of view - an accurate FOV will help immersion far more than a curved screen. And curved TVs are not really that curved anyway.
Agreed but I think it is not possible to adjust the FOV in Xbox one x race games.
If it is possible than the bigger, the better.

Yes I agree with you,after trying out a 32" screen I was not impressed,thinking now 50" 4k 60Hz tv
Agreed but I think it is not possible to adjust the FOV in Xbox one x race games.
If it is possible than the bigger, the better.
you can adjust field of view in asseto corsa +pc2

ok so just an udate ,bought a 49" 4k hdr nanocell tv incredible detail and as daz555 pointed out to me sitting up close with the correct field of view is very immersive ,and using the correct field of view has already reduced my lap times :)
the difference in how you see the tracks hills and bumps is amazing ,many thanks for the help:cheers:

ok so just an udate ,bought a 49" 4k hdr nanocell tv incredible detail and as daz555 pointed out to me sitting up close with the correct field of view is very immersive ,and using the correct field of view has already reduced my lap times :)
the difference in how you see the tracks hills and bumps is amazing ,many thanks for the help:cheers:
Two questions:

1. How is the input lag (latency)?
  2. Any ghosting?

I'm kind of thinking about the same thing except not for gaming but rather for internet browsing, video watching, etc. I've currently got a 27" inch 4k flat panel monitor but I either want to possibly go to a 36" 4k flat monitor or a curved one. I've never seen a curved monitor in person. That might help me to decide what to do.

Last edited:
If the display is to small or to big you need to setup extreme FoV and PoV settings to reach proper cockpit view. GT-S havnt FoV setting(LOL) and very very limited PoV setting.
If only playing Gran turismo, dont buy weird ratio screens, ps4 can only handle 16:9 format.
55" from 1m gives closest 1:1 ratio view, so things in cockpit are same size like in rl. If screen to big you see knobs that a bigger than your hand or giant rear mirrors, gauges that are bigger than your head ect... totally unreal. Same if screen is to small, everything is tiny ^^
50"- 60" with fine tuning in FoV & PoV from 1m eye distance gives best/closest to real results. :boggled::D:lol:

Back