Cusco Dunlop Subaru Impreza '08 Super GT

  • Thread starter Thread starter o9lifted
  • 11 comments
  • 1,349 views
Messages
864
Norway
Oslo
Messages
o9revo
The description of this car says it was converted from 4WD to FR..! Its clearly the Catalogue Performance says different, wich is 4WD, anyone else who have noticed this? I've searched for it but couldnt find anything about it so sorry for double posting if any..
Same thing with the base mobel, 4WD! I swear I could remember from GT5 it was an FR! I havent tried the car myself yet, and Im sorry if my memory aint right and the description is wrong but this dosent seems right..! FR or 4WD??
 
The description of this car says it was converted from 4WD to FR..! Its clearly the Catalogue Performance says different, wich is 4WD, anyone else who have noticed this? I've searched for it but couldnt find anything about it so sorry for double posting if any..
Same thing with the base mobel, 4WD! I swear I could remember from GT5 it was an FR! I havent tried the car myself yet, and Im sorry if my memory aint right and the description is wrong but this dosent seems right..! FR or 4WD??
I thought the other and older one was RWD? I remember that one of them was RWD, whereas the other one was AWD.
 
Its really confusing that the description says it converted from 4WD to FR as it seems like it's 4wd.. I think someone missed here and have you guys seen in the notifications in-game > news > seasonal event where it says "updated blah blah blah Gt5.." when it clearly should say Gt6 lol
 
Yeah it was fr in gt5 I used it a lot as it was super stable , the standard version is faster though and could be tuned more , I have 2 of these I love them
 
The regulations at the time stated it had to be Rwd, so the 2003 car was hacked to bits to get an FR drivetrain to fit. When the regs became more open though, and they looked at weight distribution etc, they decided that a conversion to 4wd was the best option for them. The description is just PD getting mixed up with years.
 
Yeah it was fr in gt5 I used it a lot as it was super stable , the standard version is faster though and could be tuned more , I have 2 of these I love them

You're wrong, it was 4WD in GT5
 
The Cusco Dunlop is 4WD and the Cusco Advan is RWD. Other than that, they are the same car. (other than the Dunlop being premium and the Advan being standard). Was the same in GT5. You're probably just seeing an error in the description or something, which there are quite a few of in this game.
 
They are not the same car, completely different versions. 5 years difference between them for a start!
 
They are not the same car, completely different versions. 5 years difference between them for a start!
Yes, they are different years. But I was referring to the performance between the two. They have the same weight, same power, same PP rating. The only difference between the two (as far as performance is concerned) is the drivetrain layout and how that effects the way they drive.
 
Dunlop has slightly better weight distribution and traction, it kills other GT300 cars off the line, but the Advan can keep up with the Amemiya RX7 through corners. I also find it to be a little more forgiving to drive.
 
Thanks for keeping this thread alive, me myself dont really have much more input to this untill I've looked it up more closley, but Im sure youre all right! Seems like PD gotta start from scratch with all their cars until then they will probably just keep with the ''copy and past'', wich then would probably mean we will se an direction like T10 with alot fewer cars in the next gen perharps! Im not really interested in the standars yet as I was with GT5, wich I hope will change when Im at 100% complete, but I do love the option to chose between 20 different miatas/skylines when going online, if only they were all premiums, imagine that!
 
Back