Cusco Dunlop Subaru Impreza '08

• Thread starter SS_1182
  • 23 comments
user27564
Subaru_Impreza_SuperGT300_Race_Car_01.JPG

EDIT: I HAVE REWORKED THIS TUNE FOR ONLINE USE SPECIFICALLY, SUSPENSION AND LSD VALUES HAVE CHANGED

I had glanced at this car in the premium lot before, but I was still browsing for so many cars at the time that I passed it up unknowingly. I should also mention that I've fallen in love with the Impreza cars in general the past couple of weeks, and I find them to be some of the most enjoyable cars to drive on the game. And so the other day I noticed this guy was tearing it up in an online event at Nordschleife in this car, and I also thought the car was very easy on the eyes. Once I realized it was also an Impreza race car I had to check it out and get one to add to my Impreza collection.

Needless to say, this is by far my favorite car to drive on the game, hands down. It performed extremely well with stock settings, but I have tweaked this beautiful machine very close to my liking now which I think improves the car even more. It's not the fastest car on the game, mind you, but I believe it is among the most efficient. Mine is still breaking in and is somewhere right around 380hp right now. I'm guessing it might go as high as 385hp or so?

Cusco Dunlop Subaru Impreza '08

Max. Power ≈ 385hp/6500rpm
Max. Torque - 350ft-lb/4000rpm
Drivetrain: 4WD
Length: 4465mm
Width: 1840mm
Weight: 1100kg

Aero: 35/60
Trans: 180/186mph (for Nordschleife)
Torque Split: 35/65
LSD: 10/40/20 (front) 10/50/32 (rear)
Height: -17/-15
Springs: 12.0/12.0
Ext: 7/7
Com: 7/8
Roll: 5/6
Camber: -2.0/1.0
Toe: 0.00/+0.20
Brakes: 6/3

Like I said, this car just puts a smile on my face. It's the perfect handling monster and it's a dream to look at as well. This tune can be tweaked I'm sure, but I find the car to be rock solid with this setup, and I can compete with cars up to 500hp on technical tracks. You'll lose out against some of them on the straights, but you'll destroy them in the corners with good driving. I raced tonight online at 502hp with this car and came in 4th place. Another driver also used his Cusco and took 2nd place.

I took this car out and easily ran a 6:42:696 on Nordschleife, with times under 6:40 to be expected.

Enjoy the tune, hope it helps.

Last edited:
Hi Mate,

I followed your car setup for the Cusco Dunlop Subaru Impreza '08 and since the car already got the majority of the tuning parts already installed, the only thing left to install with the stage 3 turbo. I did that and the max I can get is 360bhp but you where able to get 385bhp. How you do it? :)

Hi Mate,

I followed your car setup for the Cusco Dunlop Subaru Impreza '08 and since the car already got the majority of the tuning parts already installed, the only thing left to install with the stage 3 turbo. I did that and the max I can get is 360bhp but you where able to get 385bhp. How you do it? :)

Oil change ? And cars gettings more hp by time. For example I bought the calsonic GTR and at first it had 510 HP, changed oil, 516 HP, did 3 race, 520 HP, went down to 510, where I did a new oil change and now I got 526 HP on it. Very weird.

Mine's at 388 hp, so I guess you're missing 5% from the oil change (+18 hp) and ~3% from engine break-in (+10 hp). Break in is done after 200 miles or so.

I forgot to say but tuners should really put what they tuned the car with, abs to 1, 10 or 0, tcs to 0, 1 or 10, skid, asm, wheel or ds3 etc.. Would really help us driver decide if the tune was made for us or not.

Oh and OP do you mind if I compare your setup to the arta Garaya one ? I'm curious to see which is faster, even tho the garaya might have a slight advantage in BHP.

I forgot to say but tuners should really put what they tuned the car with, abs to 1, 10 or 0, tcs to 0, 1 or 10, skid, asm, wheel or ds3 etc.. Would really help us driver decide if the tune was made for us or not.

Oh and OP do you mind if I compare your setup to the arta Garaya one ? I'm curious to see which is faster, even tho the garaya might have a slight advantage in BHP.

On point #1 - Agreed, should've posted that. All I ever set up for is ABS = 1.

And personally I find this car to literally destroy the Arta Garaiyas, both the '03 and the '08 models, at least at Nordschleife. Somewhere like High Speed Ring those cars might edge it out, but even then I'm doubtful.

Either way, I plan on redoing a new tune for this car to be used strictly for the online physics of the game. I have one right now that is really very good and might actually be ready to post, but I need to double check that. I haven't lost a race on Nordschleife with my current tune yet. :) One guy gave me a challenge though, but in the end I was able to push my car harder. I trailed him for a long time trying to keep the race clean, but I overtook him just before the carousel and ended up winning by 12 seconds, and he was also using his Cusco also.

I'll race them in a moment on Tsukuba and Trial Mountain and post the time result here.

Oh and did you use chassis reinforcement on it ?

Last edited:
I'm comparing two tunes on GT300 Cars :

Arta Garaya 08 from Avid 429 HP (added high rpm turbo)

VS

Cusco Dunlop Subaru Impreza '08 380 HP (added high rpm turbo)

I did my tests on 2 tracks, Tsukuba . Did it on Time Attack mode, all aids off except ABS to 1, offroad set as realistics and mechanical damage to stong. Racing softs were used to test both. Manual gear too. I did with both cars 10 laps on Tsukuba.

Impreza Time in Tsukuba : 53.403 (my best so far was with a 420 HP NSX Type-R in 53.950)
First impression on the car is good, that car turns madly, grip like hell and unless you're going offroad there's no way to make it move, a perfect car for constant lap. The only slight problem I had is on the last high speed corner, I had difficulty putting the car exactly where I wanted and getting the power down to the wheel.

Garaya Time in Tsukuba :52.895

Ok as soon as I launch the race, going down the last corner the car let me accelerate a lot earlier than the Subaru. However you feel also that the car is a bit less stable due to his drivetrain. Especially out of slow corner you have to take in 2nd gear.
End of first lap I get under 53' with a 52.934 but you definitely feel that the car is moving much more than the subaru. It tends to oversteer a bit out of the corner in 2nd gear. So you have to control trottle a lot more on the Garaya.

Comparing both on Tsukuba :
I feel like the Subaru would put up more regular time and is also a lot more forgiving. In the other end the Garaya will shines in hands of pro driver, the 40HP more make a lot of difference and the layout make it goes around some corner faster than the Subaru. You have to be carefull tho on trottle control with the Garaya, however on the Subaru you can just floor it up and have no trouble at all.

Result doesnt really surprise me since it's the classical MR vs AWD thing, the MR might be a little faster if you're a pro but the AWD will be a lot more forgiving and will suit a wide variety of drivers.

I'll try to update both post tomorrow with a review of both car on a bigger track. Probably gonna be Suzuka. This beeing my first review please let me know if you want something more or if you think I should make stuff differently. Thank you.

And sorry for my english.

I'm comparing two tunes on GT300 Cars :

Arta Garaya 08 from Avid 429 HP (added high rpm turbo)

VS

Cusco Dunlop Subaru Impreza '08 380 HP (added high rpm turbo)

I did my tests on 2 tracks, Tsukuba . Did it on Time Attack mode, all aids off except ABS to 1, offroad set as realistics and mechanical damage to stong. Racing softs were used to test both. Manual gear too. I did with both cars 10 laps on Tsukuba.

Impreza Time in Tsukuba : 53.403 (my best so far was with a 420 HP NSX Type-R in 53.950)
First impression on the car is good, that car turns madly, grip like hell and unless you're going offroad there's no way to make it move, a perfect car for constant lap. The only slight problem I had is on the last high speed corner, I had difficulty putting the car exactly where I wanted and getting the power down to the wheel.

Garaya Time in Tsukuba :52.895

Ok as soon as I launch the race, going down the last corner the car let me accelerate a lot earlier than the Subaru. However you feel also that the car is a bit less stable due to his drivetrain. Especially out of slow corner you have to take in 2nd gear.
End of first lap I get under 53' with a 52.934 but you definitely feel that the car is moving much more than the subaru. It tends to oversteer a bit out of the corner in 2nd gear. So you have to control trottle a lot more on the Garaya.

Comparing both on Tsukuba :
I feel like the Subaru would put up more regular time and is also a lot more forgiving. In the other end the Garaya will shines in hands of pro driver, the 40HP more make a lot of difference and the layout make it goes around some corner faster than the Subaru. You have to be carefull tho on trottle control with the Garaya, however on the Subaru you can just floor it up and have no trouble at all.

Result doesnt really surprise me since it's the classical MR vs AWD thing, the MR might be a little faster if you're a pro but the AWD will be a lot more forgiving and will suit a wide variety of drivers.

I'll try to update both post tomorrow with a review of both car on a bigger track. Probably gonna be Suzuka. This beeing my first review please let me know if you want something more or if you think I should make stuff differently. Thank you.

And sorry for my english.

Yep, well described. I have both cars and love them separately in their own right. The only thing missing from the Cusco to make it the perfect machine is a bit more in acceleration power. The Garaiya definitely wins there, as you have described. But the Cusco wins by a mile for me in terms of being the more enjoyable car to drive.

Hi Mate,

change oil and run car in mate, mine makes 389bhp

If you're here asking for someone to give you that car, please don't do that in my thread. I have that car, and no I won't be giving you one.

Oil change ? And cars gettings more hp by time. For example I bought the calsonic GTR and at first it had 510 HP, changed oil, 516 HP, did 3 race, 520 HP, went down to 510, where I did a new oil change and now I got 526 HP on it. Very weird.

true, change oil, up to 375hp, drove it a few times, up to 381hp now. cheers

Very nice driving car. I loved it the way it came from the showroom but this seems to make it even better. I ran a 6:38.892 with a few mistakes. Fun car!

Subbies are my favorite. I have a sick setup for a RM '05 spec C sti. After some more testing I think ill share, as thanks for sharing this tune!

Big thumbs up for me on this tune, a pleasure to drive. All I changed was to increase the braking power but kept the same balance.

keep up the good work

Just a heads up, I'm not using this tune any longer. I tuned this car offline the first time, and I have adjusted my tune for online races/physics.

I just entered my new tuning for online use.

Last edited:
I've been through almost every GT300 & GT500 Vehicle and this Subaru Cusco Dunlop Impreza 4WD/4-Door is definitely the best GT300 Car to race, jet about, or even take the kids to daycare if they had that route in GT6! Moreover, I sold each and every GT500 Nissan GT500, NISMO Z GT500, even those annoying bloody '11, '12 Honda's that sound identical to a Ferrari Short-Throw Manual Shifter installed in any American muscle car including the horrific Shelby GT500. Again, thank you so very much for a "PERFECT TUNE" cause honestly that is a rarity today... You might get an Audi R8 LMS Ultra '12 but it's not going above and beyond with each and every racing enviornment you put it in! Cheers, I think this would be my "TUNE of the YEAR"!

Back