Custom offline championship alternativesPS4 

• Thread starter Blob_91
  • 5 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
I was wondering what alternatives people use for custom offline championships.

I was browsing at the official forum and the option that seems to give the best results to me is to divide the drivers in groups of a certain number of people, let's say 4 groups of 4, and after practice you randomly assign the 4 fastest drivers to the 4 drivers that finished at the top of race 1 and do the same for 5-8, 9-12 and 13-16. This does require quite some computations in Excel but for the limited races I have done it gives pretty decent results.

The biggest issue I see with this system that it is designed mostly for championships with only one car. Different manufacturers or classes makes this more difficult.

Do you guys know of easier solutions or is this the best way to work around this missing feature.

I remember when I was 8, playing NHL ‘93, there was no “Full Season” mode, you could only do one game at a time. So I came up with my own 50 something game schedule, played all the games, kept track of all the game stats, kept track of player stats like goals, assists, etc. It was great fun.

Then NHL 94 came out, it had a “Full Season” mode. 9 year old me thought to myself, “ahh, sweet, I’ll never have to monkey around with “creating” my own season again. They finally figured out how to get it in the game!!”

.....33 year old me is quite disappionted with how little progress video games as a whole have made in many areas :lol:

I just tally points by makes of car. For my blancpain gt3 championship. Then I tally them by manufacturer. The McLarens are McLaren, the wrt audi liveries are wrt, the fantasy audi liveries are Sainteloc etc. I only do it by manufacturer rather than driver, obviously it's easier.

It would be a lot easier if the game simply told us which cars came where on the race results screen. Those tiny little car icons can be a challenge to work out for my old eyes. And there's a huge amount of space next to them which would be the perfect place for such info. But alas.

It would be a lot easier if the game simply told us which cars came where on the race results screen. Those tiny little car icons can be a challenge to work out for my old eyes. And there's a huge amount of space next to them which would be the perfect place for such info. But alas.

This is so very very true. I'm not even concerned yet about trying to track an improvised championship, just trying to keep a record of how fast any given car is on any given track at whatever difficulty level(so you can actually know how to set them in the future) takes far longer than it should if you even CAN tell them apart from those silly little pictures.

Using those things was an iffy decision, even more annoying because it was done right in the first game. It took just a momentary glance at the list to see where the fastest car of each make was and how competitive it was between makes. If you wanted to find out which cars a couple of your rivals in a race were it took a few extra seconds to look at them on the monitor to note their liveries.

Now if you want to find out what cars are in the field, it takes a magnifying glass and taking obnoxious notes like "well this tiny car looks a little different than that one so I should make a note of it and then go back and check the car selection screen later to see if it's actually different or it's just the way the livery sits on it." Some of them are a bit better than others, but even some GT cars are tough to tell apart when they are only a quarter of an inch long. Or I suppose you can go through the monitor one by one and write down every single name and what car they are and then match them up to their entries on the time sheet. Just a little slower than looking for which cars in a list start with "Me" or "Gi" or "Fo."

The more I play the more I'll memorize them I guess. If/when PC3 comes they'll hopefully sit down and think for 5 seconds and realize they should go back to words.

This is so very very true. I'm not even concerned yet about trying to track an improvised championship, just trying to keep a record of how fast any given car is on any given track at whatever difficulty level(so you can actually know how to set them in the future) takes far longer than it should if you even CAN tell them apart from those silly little pictures.

Using those things was an iffy decision, even more annoying because it was done right in the first game. It took just a momentary glance at the list to see where the fastest car of each make was and how competitive it was between makes. If you wanted to find out which cars a couple of your rivals in a race were it took a few extra seconds to look at them on the monitor to note their liveries.

Now if you want to find out what cars are in the field, it takes a magnifying glass and taking obnoxious notes like "well this tiny car looks a little different than that one so I should make a note of it and then go back and check the car selection screen later to see if it's actually different or it's just the way the livery sits on it." Some of them are a bit better than others, but even some GT cars are tough to tell apart when they are only a quarter of an inch long. Or I suppose you can go through the monitor one by one and write down every single name and what car they are and then match them up to their entries on the time sheet. Just a little slower than looking for which cars in a list start with "Me" or "Gi" or "Fo."

The more I play the more I'll memorize them I guess. If/when PC3 comes they'll hopefully sit down and think for 5 seconds and realize they should go back to words.
It's annoyed me since day 1. I was joking with my mate just the other day about how I'll need to memorise every livery for every car before I can quickly tell which car came where at the end of a race. There is literally a huge empty box right next to the car icon! First world problems lol.

Back