Custom Race and BoP

• Thread starter Islaygaz
  • 9 comments
Scotland
Scotland
islaygaz
Firstly, apologies if this has been asked before.

If I set up a custom race and switch BoP on in the cars settings. Will this set it for all cars on the grid?

Some custom races e.g. a Gr.4 race is far too easy to win even on pro difficulty. I do sometimes go up against Gr.3 to make it a bit more challenging but haven’t won one yet!

I believe it does apply BOP to the other cars but I don't do custom races often so hopefully someone else will verify!

I always thought it only applied to my car because it isn't an option on the race settings page. If you run two races at SSRX, one with bop, you could check the replays to see if there's any change in the AI's top speed.

Firstly, apologies if this has been asked before.

If I set up a custom race and switch BoP on in the cars settings. Will this set it for all cars on the grid?

Some custom races e.g. a Gr.4 race is far too easy to win even on pro difficulty. I do sometimes go up against Gr.3 to make it a bit more challenging but haven’t won one yet!

BOP aplies only on your car. You can turn on BOP only on your car tuning page, so it seems logical.
I think PD can do more options in custom races, because bots are very slow anyway.

I’m pretty sure BoP is on by default. Gr.2 custom races have the older 2008 models able to keep up on SSRX and longer tracks, but they fall behind in the corners compared to the other AI.

I’m pretty sure BoP is on by default. Gr.2 custom races have the older 2008 models able to keep up on SSRX and longer tracks, but they fall behind in the corners compared to the other AI.
I've just tested the '08 NSX in time trial. With BOP on its top speed is just 1kph more. Using stock settings it tops out at 294kph. I also tried the newer Lexus and it also has a top speed of 294.

I'm pretty sure top speed of GR2 cars is limited by the gearing, so restricting power may not change it much.
When I use a 2008 GR2 car in custom race at the ring and forget to turn bop on, I get destroyed by the AI, including the 2008 cars...so I believe bop is on by default.

I would say no, BoP is not on automatically for all cars or AI. If you enable it, it then applies to all cars as well as yourself.
There is an obvious difference in competition of AI with it off and on.
With off, the X_Bow and 72' A110 will take off like mad. With on, they aren't as far ahead.

Back