CUSTOM RACE - CHOOSING AI OPPONANTS?

• Thread starter gibo155
  • 10 comments
England
Hull
gibo122
Hi All,

After researching all about project cars I can honestly say im seriously excited about this game and what its promising sounds like it will be a real winner.

I just have one question which I can’t seem to find the answer to, which im hoping somebody here will be able to answer?

I no you have great freedom on this game when it comes to setting up custom races, were you can choose tracks, laps, weather etc. However can we choose what cars our AI opponents will be driving and choose how many AI we can race against?

Thanks
Gibo

Last edited:
thanks for the reply.

just one more thing,you say you can choose random, same class or identical. Is there an option to individually choose each AI's car in the grid and what car they will be driving, rather the cars been picked by the system and assigned to them?

So it's the same system as SHiFT 2 + weather?
If that is the case I'm not complaining because it generally worked quite well.

Our understanding (subject to confirmation) is that you will be able to choose the number of AI you are driving against, which AI driver is in which car, and the grid position can be altered if required. The system in online lobbies further increases, as you will be able to apply ballasts to individual players.

Our understanding (subject to confirmation) is that you will be able to choose the number of AI you are driving against, which AI driver is in which car, and the grid position can be altered if required.

The videos I've been watching of the menu interface show only the ability to choose opponent amount. None of the other things you mention seem available. That said, maybe it has been added in another updated build. As I don't belong to WMD, I am only stating what has come to my attention on public websites. The game may have more options than those shown at this point.

Last edited:
It is stuff that is intended to be added before release. However, if it's not possible, it should be added in a later update.

Yes, you can choose number of opponets.
Alco you can pick if they are random, same class or identical as your car.

This is not satisfying in my opinion. I long to see the day where a game allows me to choose every specific car for each AI opponent and the AI strength/difficulty applied to each. In fact one should be able to choose all of the followings in an offline, single player custom race:

- Track
- Set race by Laps or Time
- Dynamic weather progression conditions
- Time progression and scale
- Number of opponents
- Cars of each opponent ««««««««««« !!!
- Livery of each car
- AI strength of each opponent ««««« !!!

and probably even more stuff like penalties or setups, idk.

If you're looking at getting the PC version, there is a mod that lets you pick each AI opponent individually including the livery on the car and even create multi-class races.

If you're looking at the PS4 version, this is not available.

This is not satisfying in my opinion. I long to see the day where a game allows me to choose every specific car for each AI opponent and the AI strength/difficulty applied to each. In fact one should be able to choose all of the followings in an offline, single player custom race:

- Track
- Set race by Laps or Time
- Dynamic weather progression conditions
- Time progression and scale
- Number of opponents
- Cars of each opponent ««««««««««« !!!
- Livery of each car
- AI strength of each opponent ««««« !!!

and probably even more stuff like penalties or setups, idk.

And then set race length to 3 laps lol

Back