Custom race payout suggestion

Germany
Germany
Hey guys,

I don't know if anyone here has suggested this already, but I want to bring it up myself.

As we know, we hardly make the amount of money that we make in the 60 minute race in Spa with the same settings in a user created race, only around 50% with GT3 cars, maybe a bit more.

However, I have a solution to that.

Let's say you're adding 4x fuel consumption and 6x tire wear to your event. For every X of both, the payout should increase by 5%, as it makes the race harder and therefore worth more cash. In this particular case, it would be a 50% increase in cash payout.
Enabling penalties should have an effect as well. For Strong cutting penalties, you should get a 20% increase, for collision penalties a 10% increase, and for penalties at the pit lane, another 10%. Adding higher payout for enabling wall collision penalties would be too much, as most tracks don't have any walls to hit.

Not only would this make Custom races worth their time setting up and playing, but additionally, this would add MUCH more variety to the game, as you can play endurance races on any track, with any car, with any duration, and still make it worth your efforts. And also, you don't have to stick to some crazy money glitch method to make money because there are no new endurance events forthcoming and you have to resort to extreme measures. No, you just pick a car, set up your event, play it, and make money that way, the way it's supposed to be.

Wouldn't this be a great feature for the next big update?

For every X of both, the payout should increase by 5%, as it makes the race harder and therefore worth more cash.
Im not generally against any suggestion, but I dont see how fuelconsumption or tyrewear makes races (especially AI races) any more difficult. If anything it makes it easier because one could pick a car that is much better suited to these added variables and the AI doesnt really know how to strategies around it.

Agreed with Meythia. Races against AI with fuel consumption and tire wear factored in are always easier, especially if this forces AI to pit, the race isn’t even a race then, save some of the 4 and 5 chili pepper races that can still be close.
You’d have to intentionally pick a car where you’re at a disadvantage here to make a race like this more difficult, which lets be honest, you’re not going to do if your internet here is to get more Cr.

Agreed with Meythia. Races against AI with fuel consumption and tire wear factored in are always easier, especially if this forces AI to pit, the race isn’t even a race then, save some of the 4 and 5 chili pepper races that can still be close.
You’d have to intentionally pick a car where you’re at a disadvantage here to make a race like this more difficult, which lets be honest, you’re not going to do if your internet here is to get more Cr.
Add another difficulty level then. If I run Spa on hard difficulty in a Group 3 car, I often have my hands full winning it. If "hard" isn't difficult enough maybe we could have Easy, Medium, Hard, and Plaid.

Easy, Medium, Hard, and Plaid.
There are already additional difficulty levels, just are these restricted to certian events (for no obvious reason to me).
If these events already would pay out repeatedly, I woulndt glance at custom races though I dont currently anyway.

The boring? thing about GT7 is:
having to pay for cars and parts, as this means there has to be means to earn money, which inevitably leads to uneven distribution that will always leave someone at the backfoot as to why his prefered method of earning credits isnt as viable as the other.
Yet this boring? part of the game has always been a core part of the game: needing credits.

I dont mind stripping away this one core part, I wouldnt want to collect all cars because I can - I could currently but I just dont want to, I wouldnt use them anyway.
But then circling back, I dont mind having to pay for the stuff I want to use, even if it limits my availability by time.
Because what is it what I am doing? Spending time on any track that I currently feel drawn to with a car that I like (which drastically reduces the amount of cars I actually need to own).

Sport mode already grants access to all cars when needed, and playing this strange private person car collector doesnt really fit into the values in my opinion - something will always be not alright.

Add another difficulty level then. If I run Spa on hard difficulty in a Group 3 car, I often have my hands full winning it. If "hard" isn't difficult enough maybe we could have Easy, Medium, Hard, and Plaid.
You can’t in custom races that I’m aware of. To add “another difficulty level” in custom races would really mean assigning it full chili pepper difficulty, or choosing Sophy to control the AI. I’ll admit I’m no expert at setting up custom races as I do them rarely, but I don’t think either of these are options there. Hoping for PD to give us another level above Hard isn’t really a viable option here either.

Regardless of the current difficulty levels available here, races that require AI to factor in fuel, tires and pit strategies almost always give an advantage to the human player as the AI we have in custom races is quite bad at accounting for their tire wear and fuel consumptio, not to mention pit stops, especially in adverse weather.
Yes, it’s possible to still place 2nd or worse if you too are bad at this, or make multiple mistakes throughout the race, but generally speaking if you run even a halfway decent race and know how to manage any of those factors you’ll have an easier win than when AI doesn’t have to account for those factors.

Simply put, as is, adding these in should result in an easier time winning, which shouldn’t warrant higher payout.

Wanting better custom race payouts is fine, I could enjoy that as a guy who exclusively custom races aside from collecting time trial medal money and occasionally dipping into the weekly 5 singleplayer races for the credits/spins (dang invitations are elusive).

Agree with the majority response that your suggestion is not a ‘good’ one in the eyes of PD, as it would inevitably be abused if not outright advantageous to the human. Stepping back, it may be a waste of energy making wishlists - they aren’t really open to feedback/requests. I like your post though!

You pointed out why Custom Races are already great - the added variety and custom nature (save those grids!) makes the FUN worth the less efficient grind for cash. Dig in! :)

They are NOT simple or intuitive to set up in challenging fashion, I will admit. If you just hop in there hoping for a balanced contest, you will find yourself in first place after lap 1. I run a second “user” tune sheet I flip to after loading the race…varies by track/car but generally around 92 power restrictor and 10-20mph lower top speed to shorten the gears. AI has a bug that weakens their cars, this is to compensate.

One suggestion, if you’re cash-strapped, is to slow down - both your game progression and your race cars! Build out a touring car grid with cheap cars. Balance their tunes, dress them up, give them driver names, race them around the world. You’ll have this grid forever while continuing to earn cash (sport mode TTs if you’re quick). Next month, you’re onto GT cars. Certainly, you don’t HAVE to go in ‘tier’ order - if you want to replicate old school Le Mans you’ll need to hoard up and spend big.

I’m sitting at about 15MM credits after going broke building out a couple IMSA grids the past month. Hopefully the videos also demonstrate good balance vs. the AI without exposing my driving flaws TOO much. I’m a B driver according to my 50-race trophy but I’d suspect I could hang with A league at this point.

There is more detail to understand to really ‘solve’ Custom Races. I’m still learning. Ping if you are curious to get some more info, or head over to the main Custom Race thread.

Im not generally against any suggestion, but I dont see how fuelconsumption or tyrewear makes races (especially AI races) any more difficult. If anything it makes it easier because one could pick a car that is much better suited to these added variables and the AI doesnt really know how to strategies around it.
Technically, using a say Group 2 car against Group 3 cars would indeed make the race pathetically easy and therefore it would give less payout because the difficulty decreases.

Let's just say, if you're brave enough, you can try a Group 3 car against Group 2 cars. I tried this before and it was pretty tough, but pro players can use this strat to gain a little extra cash. And adding fuel consumption and tire wear makes the race very tough because better groups have better pace and fuel consumption.

Back