Custom race rewards too low

United States
They/Them
Autumnal_Glow
AutumnalGlow
If you compare the rewards in custom races to the rewards in pre-made races, it's really bad. 75,000 for a 5 lap Gr.3 race at Suzuka, 10,000 for the same in a custom race.

It gets worse though. Custom races are the only existing way to do endurance races, and the rewards for any race over an hour long drop drastically. Up to one hour, the rewards scale evenly. If one minute is 1,000 Cr, one hour is 60,000 Cr. But then two hours is 90,000. And 24 hours is little as 120,000. These numbers aren't exact but are still very close to the way the game scales the rewards. 24 hours earns approximately two times as many credits as one hour.

Is this to counter any potential for AFK methods by making them useless? If so, why must every single player be punished, just to ensure a few don't gain credits in an unapproved manner?

The fact that this game has microtransactions does not give me confidence that PD will want to increase the rewards for custom races. They want us to buy credits. And if someone can potentially set up an AFK method, the microtransaction sales will decrease.

With the fancy new dynamic weather and time progression I was very excited for endurance racing, but now if I do them I feel like I've wasted my time. Why do a 6 hour race when I'd earn three times as many credits by doing six 1 hour races?

Let's add on to this. Custom races are 60k/hr. This is an average, rounded number, taken from the Nordschleife and one other track I can't remember because I did this last night. But upon checking Blue Moon Bay Speedway, it actually only pays 30k/hr. Trial Mountain, 37k. So I can only assume 60k/hr is actually very generous for custom races, because most tracks I'm checking now are closer to a 35-45k range.

You will probably not want to do races longer than an hour. As previously mentioned, the payout drop once you hit one hour is ridiculous. It's a linear scale until then. So that's proper endurance racing out of the question.

At one hour per day, 60k per day, with a current estimated total cost of all cars at around 250M (which is rounded down, and lower than the real total cost by quite a few million), it would take 4,166 days to purchase all of the cars in the game. That's 11.4 years. That's ignoring both the cost of customizing cars at all, and the potential (but honestly, nearly always low) rewards from roulette tickets. Let's just say those cancel each other out for simplicity.

There is no way this can be considered a reasonable rate of pay. This is a car collecting game that keeps pushing you to want to collect all of the cars, and PD made sure it wasn't actually feasible to do so in any fun or enjoyable way without microtransactions. Nobody wants to grind Fishermans Ranch forever.

Latest Posts

Back