CUSTOM RACES SETTINGS - share yours

Brazil
Brazil 🇧🇷
blacksky37
Hi everyone. After getting 100% in Campaign mode and GT League, there is not much to do in GTS. Besides Sport Mode, the other thing left is Custom Races.

The thread is: What Custom Races have you guys done/raced? Would you share your settings, so we all can have a blast racing there.

Please share:

Track/car combo
Lenght of the race
Tire and fuel consumption
Day time
AI difficulty

Looking forward to see and try what you guys have done there.

Cheers.

I have been doing a bunch of the short arcade mode 3 lap races, just because I've been too tired after work.

• GT3 car, usually the AMG merc, but sometimes one I've just done up with a livery. I really like the Nurburgring GP, but it can be a bit easy so I've been going with Brands and Interlagos
  • 3 laps
  • -
  • day time, I hate that when you get close to someone at night your headlights seemingly turn off... I've driven at night and this isn't what it looks or feels like...
  • Professional, as it's the only thing that comes close to making it a challenge

For a fully custom race, the only things I change are I make them 30mins, starting last with 50% tyre and fuel usage with everything else to real with no assists.

I do custom races when I start missing the Nurb 24h too much. Either GR.1, pro difficulty, grid start at 20, no boost, any time. Or N300 car vs N1000 same parameters. Or what also works is N200 against GR.1 with fuel consumption x10 and fuel map 3. One lap and you can just catch the leader on the last corner for a big payout.

I would do longer races if there was a day/night cycle or variable weather. Atm the custom race AI stays reasonably together so once you're in front the fun ends. The endurance races in GT League are more fun as the cars all spread out over the track so you soon start lapping cars after getting first. Never lonely too long.

I do custom races when I start missing the Nurb 24h too much. Either GR.1, pro difficulty, grid start at 20, no boost, any time. Or N300 car vs N1000 same parameters. Or what also works is N200 against GR.1 with fuel consumption x10 and fuel map 3. One lap and you can just catch the leader on the last corner for a big payout.

I would do longer races if there was a day/night cycle or variable weather. Atm the custom race AI stays reasonably together so once you're in front the fun ends. The endurance races in GT League are more fun as the cars all spread out over the track so you soon start lapping cars after getting first. Never lonely too long.
I gues you would be using super soft racing tiered then. Sort of cheating. Doesn't feel too realistic with a n200 car and racing tieres.

I would do 2 laps at maby one of the new tracks with the gtr34 tuned for 470 HP, Profesional, no bost etc, 20th starting pos and use sport soft tieres. Opponents will be n600 or so.

Back