Custom Sophy opponents in custom races

United States
Marin County
The Sophy AI in GT7 has...potential...but the implementation is pretty unremarkable at this stage. It can be fun to race against, but its so limited that its not very enjoyable from the perspective of the broader game. I understand that its an evolving aspect of the game, but I think PD should open up a little bit to allow players to interact with Sophy in creative ways. My suggestion is to have a Sophy builder, not unlike other features in the game like liveries, racing suits, and even the cars themselves. You would basically create a blank Sophy driver and then use sliders/settings to manipulate different aspects of their behavior. Some ideas of what these traits could be:

-Aggression
-Experience
-Consistency
-Speed
-Diplomacy
-Tactics
-Emotion
-Intelligence

Even with that somewhat limited selection of traits, you could come up with some really interesting drivers. How about a highly emotional, highly aggressive driver with high speed, but zero experience and consistency? Or an ice man type that just reacts to everything with clinical precision and always nails the tire and fueling selections. Once you've made a driver, you would name them and save them to be used in custom races. Combining that with the ability to select the car they drive, the weather, the time of day, and all the other choices, you would end up with a truly deep single player experience that players would keep coming back to. Or even make them available for online races too.

A simpler alternative to this would be for PD to provide 10-20 different personality types for Sophy that are selectable for custom races. Some examples:
ProSophy: Behaves like a pro racing driver
BanzaiSophy: Aggressive driver
PeaceSophy: Relaxed driver
AmatuerSophy: Moderate experience driver
NoobSophy: Beginner driver
SenseiSophy: Excels at tactics
GambleSophy: Makes big bets on tactics
DoriDoriSophy: Prone to drifting
Gan-SanSophy: Will always attack at corner entry with late braking

Back