Custom Soundtrack Crashes My Game

Help!

I'm at my wits end trying to figure out why my PSP freezes and resets whenever I turn on the custom soundtrack option.

Sometimes it works perfect, and then other times the whole system freezes and resets itself just as it starts to read my memory card.

I've been waiting YEARS for this game and now I played it for one day and am ready to trade it back into Gamestop because it keeps pissing me off.

Am I the only one who has had this?

Do you have another Memory Stick that you can try? Is it possibly a specific file that is corrupted? Could it be your copy of the game or a hardware issue with your system?

It hasn't happened to me, although one file would quit about five seconds in. Same song every time. I just deleted it.

it could be a specific MP3 doing this, i had oen that was in a weird format that crashes it, it crashes the inbuilt player too but it works fine in the hombrew player i use

I've gone throughout all my songs and their isn't anything but .mp3s that all play back perfectly.

I give up, I'm returning my copy right now. Such a let down.

I've gone throughout all my songs and their isn't anything but .mp3s that all play back perfectly.
But the game does require a very specific format of MP3. Or, just because the file works playing on its own doesn't mean that it will work with the in-game player while much of the system is being used for the game itself.

EDIT: I would suggest running the game with only one song at a time to see if it only does it when it attempts a specific song or if it does it on al songs.

Don't worry about it. I just returned it to Gamestop and now will think twice before buying another Gran Turismo/ Polyphony Digital product ever again.

The messed up custom soundtrack was just the straw that broke the camels back for me.

weird, I playing the custom soundtrack feature with 50 songs and it has never crashed. I don't know if owning a PSP Go has anything to do with it.

Back