Custom Widescreen Code

• Thread starter RodSk8Dude
  • 4 comments
Brazil
Brazil
RodSk8Dude
I just got a new phone, and my PS4 controller finally works! On my previous phone it had a lot of lag. I wanted to test Gran Turismo 2+ on it, but it's screen is 20:9, I need a custom widescreen code. Silent made a script to create custom codes, but it's on GitHub. How do I run it? I never figured out how to use that website.

The script's name ends in ".py", is it a Python script? How do I run that? I tried an online website for that but it gave me an error.

The code on GitHub

It's a Python script. I don't know how to use Python but I'm assuming it'll generate a cheat file for whatever aspect ratio you want, and you can then plug that file into an emulator.

You should head on to his blog for the codes. The big ones are meant for use with the latest pc release of Duckstation though, android version is way behind in updates from what i understand.

You should head on to his blog for the codes. The big ones are meant for use with the latest pc release of Duckstation though, android version is way behind in updates from what i understand.
Yeah, I came from there. But for a custom aspect ratio, he links to a code on GitHub, that I don't know how to use.

Also, which android PS1 emulator is good and light? GT2 is lagging a bit with Duckstation, more so through RetroArch. My phone is pretty decent it should be able to run a PS1 game. Tony Hawk's 2 also is lagging.

Last edited:
After you've downloaded the repo (not just this one .py file) and obtained Python 3.x either from the MS Store or HERE, you should just be able to doubleclick the .py file to run it. If not,
Code:
python gt2-widescreen-gen.py
will do. Then, follow the instructions as shown by the script.

Back