Customizable license plates

I guess this is an alright idea.
What I mean is that this is Gran Turismo, not a free roam games with lots of customization.
But again, it's a neat idea considering there's very little customization when comparing it to other games.
~ENDURANCEGUY

My thought on this is that we should at least have our PSN username on the numberplate instead of floating above our heads if that's what we choose!

Remember, too many idiots will have lewd and suggestive words on their plates if free reign was given! This is a game for the young'uns too, so it wouldn't be appreciated by the child's parents if one came into an adults room and had to see that!

My thought on this is that we should at least have our PSN username on the numberplate instead of floating above our heads if that's what we choose!

Remember, too many idiots will have lewd and suggestive words on their plates if free reign was given! This is a game for the young'uns too, so it wouldn't be appreciated by the child's parents if one came into an adults room and had to see that!
I like the idea of this, having the names above the cars is very annoying. Having a choice for personalised plates would be awesome.

The ability to put personalised text on your license plate, instead of just the make or model

This is a must!!!! we also should be able to remove the front license plate on some vehicles that come with it... like the Supra RZ that I cannot remove the rear Spoiler yet and it is not Premium yet, and still cant pack 1300hp like other real Supras around the world :(

The ability to put personalised text on your license plate, instead of just the make or model
Kaz had planned this idea for GT5

oanhgk.jpg

This is the traditional argument against any visual customization of the cars, such as a livery editor.

In reality, it's not a problem without a solution. Forza has been doing this for years without ill effect. There is a reporting mechanism and those who infringe on the rules can and will have their Xbox Live subscription cancelled with no refund. Their gamertag can be killed.

I have personally, in Forza, bought a car almost identical to my daily driver, painted it black, bought a blank Massachusetts license plate from some artist in the storefront, applied that to the car, added my actual plate number, grouped them all, scaled it and it's all done.

Default Car Logo Plates
50 American License Plates(Every State and Every Era)
European License Plates
Japanese License Plates

Last edited:
There can be a word filter for that.

Though I agree with you @Pootis, words can be formed with numbers and symbols replacing letters! For example, R3DN3K. Though this word may not be offensive, lewd or suggestive, there are many other's that can be diguised.

Back