Cutting corners.

• Thread starter DOUQA
  • 156 comments
timeattack07gt, I agree with you, in the spanish version Kazunori cuts that corner and Lucas goes beyond the white line limits when he is approaching the last corner, if both laps are up there to see how it's done those replays would be a very bad example if cutting corners or going beyond the white line aren't allowed.

"someone was disqualified in the previous GT academy for blah blah blah"

In the words of the legendary Margaret Thatcher ...

"Which people, what are their names?"

Actually I believe Dan will ultimately be disqualified. He is clearly an alien, so does not qualify for this competition.

timeattack07gt, I agree with you, in the spanish version Kazunori cuts that corner and Lucas goes beyond the white line limits when he is approaching the last corner, if both laps are up there to see how it's done those replays would be a very bad example if cutting corners or going beyond the white line aren't allowed.

Someone should save those replays just in case ;) 👍

edit,

Watched Kaz's lap with the red cat and he goes off near the "yellow area", cuts the turn 11, and goes off coming to the oval section. Otherwise, great lap!! 👍 :) So great that I saved it :D

Last edited:
I see some people in this thread saying they have loaded kaz ghost, I am in the UK and the only non UK one I can see in the list is Lucas's lap

Can someone explain to me how I download the other one.

Thanks in advance

All I can say is that if the top corner cutting (4 wheels over the white line) times are DQ'd, PD/Sony are going to have a real mess on their hands for a number of reasons.

1. The rules do not state any SPECIFIC track boundaries to begin with (4 wheels over the white line vs. 2 wheels over the white line.) Those who think that corner cutting (4 wheels OVER the white line to be exact) will possibly be grounds for disqualification, are still ASSUMING what EXACT boundaries/regulations PD would go by if they did happen to DQ laps for such "corner cutting".

2. The lap does not get red flagged when you use the run off area to an extent with four wheels over the white line, yet when you go past a certain point with four wheels over the white line at the turn 11 run off area, you get red flagged. This shows there is a penalty system in place at that particular corner, but it doesn't disqualify laps according to TYPICAL (not all!) real world racing regulations. To come up with your own idea of what's legal and what's not in regards to the turn 11 run off area, can be left up to the imagination at this point in time....which basically means it's not worth much.

3. The maker of the game himself cuts the last corner with 4 wheels well over the white line, providing this replay for everyone to see, as well as to emulate.

4. If you mistakenly cut the corner and put 4 wheels over the white line (yet don't know it until viewing the replay upon further inspection), and put in your best lap time which you will be unable to achieve with a clean lap. WTF are you supposed to do in such a case? PD/Sony gives an individual no possible way to remove their replay in such a case. And might I add that when you are in the heat of the moment, close to the limit searching for those last few tenths or hundredths, it sometimes can be impossible to judge whether or not your lap is clean at that moment in time, especially if you use the bumper or cockpit cam 👎 I mean what are you supposed to do? Back off every time you don't know for sure, whether or not you have four wheels over the white line? I'm sorry but that's not the mindset of the fastest racers around here who use every inch of the road to keep competitive and toward the top of the charts.

👍 👍 👍 👍

if there's any problems in the end, please send this message to the organizers ;)

Back