Cyclist thread.

• Thread starter slip2rock
  • 6 comments
I cycle a fair bit.

I've done a number of charity events and a couple of comps.

At the moment the stable includes

Santa Cruz - Heckler
Haro - Shredder
Planet X - Jack Flash
Specialized - Allez

I've also got a Mission jump frame that i just had to have 'cos it's a single speed, which means it'll be great for the BMX track.

I like to ride street and BMX tracks and general putting about.

Daily i'll ride a minimum of about 17 miles if i've time and if it's not chucking it down i'll do more up to about 35 a day.

Got in to it when i discovered i was so unfit i couldn't even run for a bus.

I like to think I'm a cyclist. Although since I have to small kids (5 & 2) I don't ride like I used to. I mainly do mountain bikes, use to have a Fuji 12 speed (forgot the model) roadie that I had done some charity races and free-rides. Great fun!

I have a:
Giant Iguana - MTB
KONA Blast - MTB front shock, hardtail.
This one has cheaper disc brakes on it.

I ride them both on some trails around here when I can. Usually equates to once a week.

Though my name suggests an avid cycler, I don't do it quite as much as I should. My current ride is a Raleigh M55. :)

I do the mountain biking thing. I love it and just dont get enough of it.
We have some nice trails within 35-45 minutes of where I live and ride when its not that hot here in the Deep South of the U.S..
My ride is a Schwinn s-40 full suspension bike. Light as heck and 1100 dollars worth. My best investment for the trail. :D
rpm_flag.gif

[marquee]Misnblu[/marquee]

Lance is the man, I dont car what anyone says.
For a man to come back from irreversible cancer, why would he do steroids to make a name for himself. It just doesnt figure.
My .02 cents and enough said.
Nice link too.
rpm_flag.gif

[lrmarquee]Misnblu[/lrmarquee]

Barry, you have a Giant Iguana? Me too!!! got mine for $145 from a pawn shop about 6 years ago, cleaned it up, got rock shox, and a Trek speedometer, it's great. 21 speed, "v" brakes front and back, quick releasing wheels, and that awsome black paint with gold accents.

I ride the crap out of the bike, I've gone through at least 5 back tires, 2 fronts, 2 sets of brake pads, 1 seat(although the one I got now is coming apart), several cables, a chain(I rode to this car show that was near us, I went to the end of the lot, and turned around, and I usually skid by pedalling really hard and making the back tire spin, and the chain popped, flew off, and almost his some show cars before coming to a rest next to a tree. Then I had to coast back home, a trip that normally takes 10 min took 40 or so, and I was soo pissed), and hand grips.

I haven't ridden since before I went on vacation cause it's been in the high 90s here, and I just don't want to come home after riding and feel like crap.

Some of the stuff I can do on my Iguana are burnouts, rear wheelies(hitting the front brake hard and riding on the front tire), normal wheelies, jumping over stuff, no hands riding(I've mastered going around corners no handed, although some big speed bumps still have almost thrown me off), going really fast(i've gone 47+ on it going down a huge hill, but normally I go about 30 on flat level, not bad for a mountain bike and a 95Lbs person), and other stuff. I never fall, and I've ridden 15 miles away from my house by myself before(got yelled at for doing that, but it was fun).

Ahh yea, I need to fire up the bike again, it's just too damn hot right now...

Ohh, and I have made my own gearing method. It's a 21 speed, so I put the rear sproket on 4, then shift with the front sproket(1, 2, and 3)and then if I need to do some high speed suff, I just shift 5, 6, and then into 7, or 21st speed. So in essence, I use it as a 7 speed, cause I see no need to constently be shifting all over the place. The kid I ride with the most uses the wrong gears all the time, putting the back sproket on 7 while the front is on 1, and I'm sure that he's going to need a chain soon. Also I do quick shifts, almost like a car, I pedal hard in the gear I'm in, then slow down pedaling, shift, and pedal hard again, and before you know it I'm going 22 mph.

Back