D/C/B/A/S Driver AI levels: exact requirements?

• Thread starter NLxAROSA
  • 9 comments

NLxAROSA

Dual wielding Uzis FTW!
Premium
Netherlands
The Black Lodge
Okay, so in the manual it says the AI driver level will increase based on your 'driver performance'. I've also noticed that you do not get a new driver level just by winning the race. For example: I was in B-level and came in 1st with a gap of a few seconds. I wasn't granted A-level. In that same race I crashed once and I bumped off an AI car. So I suspect 'driver performance' doesn't just mean 'win the race'. Any thoughts on this? It would be nice to know the exact requirements.

Every time I have done a complete set of races at a new track it upgrades from D to C and the B with just one win each time.

After that I have to win two B races before it gives me an A and another two at A before it gives me the S level.

If I change the car at either B or A it takes more races to unlock the next level.

I don't like this "feature" and I'd prefer it if it just ungraded each time with one win.

Nice find. 👍 I did actually switch cars a few times, but I failed to see the correlation. Anyway, I'm fine with the logic behind it, I just wished the manual would be more descriptive on this matter. With this logic, if you keep switching cars, you'll wait forever for a higher level. ;)

EDIT: Just tried in a race where I was still on B-level: needed 2 races to get A, another 3 to get S.

Last edited:
1 win each from D to C and C to B, 2 wins for B to A and 3 wins for A to S. Changing cars doesn't have any effect for me.

I set the number of laps to whatever gives me 50,000 credits for a D class win. That may be why it goes from A to S with two wins.

I've just tried it with default 2 laps per race and it took three races to get from A to S.

It still took two races to get from B to A though.

I can't remember now but I definitely remember having to do only 1 win per class from D-B and A-S was either 2 or 3 wins for me. I don't remember B-A.

Just was doing some match thinking about there being no career mode. Assuming Races from D-B takes 1 race and B-S takes 2 races, in order to finish the game with all golds for all challenges and having won the race on S level for every track would require a minimum of 606 races!

I set the number of laps to whatever gives me 50,000 credits for a D class win. That may be why it goes from A to S with two wins.

I've just tried it with default 2 laps per race and it took three races to get from A to S.

It still took two races to get from B to A though.

Ah yes, maybe the number of laps affect the levelling up also. I set each race to one lap, so I need more wins to go to S Class.

Apparently taking cheap-as-hell shortcuts for effortless credit framing doesn´t affect this :dopey:
Cheap-as-hell shortcuts? I have yet to find any? :confused: IMO the whole game is about farming cash to buy cars. ;)

Ah yes, maybe the number of laps affect the levelling up also. I set each race to one lap, so I need more wins to go to S Class.
I usually set it at three laps, and then you need 3 wins from A to S. I suspect it may be different on longer, more difficult tracks (like the Nurb), since you get more money for those by default.

Back