D1 Grand Prix in GT5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since there was quite an amount of Drift-Prepared cars in GT4, Could this mean that we'll have D1 Grand Prix in GT5 or maybe drifting events?
In my opinion, It's common sense that a Japanese game like GT5 would have a racing category from Japan like D1. I still don't understand what was going on in the minds of the GT5 creators that made then want to put NASCAR in GT5. Even JGTC makes more sense in GT5 than NASCAR.

nobuteru-taniguchis-hks-nissan-silvia.jpg

Ugh. Not another one.

NASCAR is in GT5 because it's a part of racing heritage, it'll bring more people to the series simply because it's a part of the game. As far as something making more sense than something else, Kazunori has said many times he wants the perfect racing game in one way or another, no matter how long it takes...

...How would his vision be complete without such a huge sport as NASCAR?

As much as I don't like NASCAR, I applaud it for being in the game as it proves expansion is just as much of priority to PD as car count, or the amount of tracks available.

As a racing fan and fellow human being, I take offense to your choice of font style, the size you chose for the font, the regurgitated paragraph you wrote, the needlessly bolded section at the end of your paragraph, the frivilous picture you included with your post and the user name that you chose for GTPlanet.

I still don't understand what was going on in the minds of the GT5 creators that made then want to put NASCAR in GT5. Even JGTC makes more sense in GT5 than NASCAR.

GT5P already has drifting events. GT5 has already has everything JGTC except for the name. Besides, JGTC is not all you may want to make it out to be. JGTC, BTCC, DTM, V8 Supercars, etc are all regional series using modified street cars for touring racing on road circuits. They're all pretty much the same.

There's nothing like NASCAR in the world and that's why it's in.

As a racing fan and fellow human being, I take offense to your choice of font style, the size you chose for the font, the regurgitated paragraph you wrote, the needlessly bolded section at the end of your paragraph, the frivilous picture you included with your post and the user name that you chose for GTPlanet.

You just went all out, didn't you? :lol:

pretty much this.

also to the OP:

Firstly, why wouldn't you want to drift "imports"?

And secondly, the D1 is japanese series, so technically, their cars are domestics.

👍

I don't get what you're trying to say Holocaust_Racer. First off, drifting is not racing, since the cars are not racing each other. It's just... some sort of... show off. Secondly, what's wrong with NASCAR and JGTC!? And finally, please change your font size.

EDIT: Although your post is rather confusing, I think it would be quite cool if PD includes D1 GP in GT5.

Last edited:

QFT.

Just for the record, and so anyone can quote me anytime in any place of this forum, in my humblest opinion, drifting sucks as much as ricers. They are just showing off. It requires skill to drift? No doubt. That doesn't take away they are showing off their skill (and not in a good way, to be precise). In my opinion, once again, there's no racing more useless than drifting that I have heard of, cause it is not going to get you anywhere. Drifting won't do anything than normal racing will. I can't pretty say much about NASCAR. I won't say I hate it, I like it to a certain extent, and I find it more interesting than to see a few cars generally drifting to get nowhere.

This thread is going nowhere, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back