Da Ali G Show

Messages
2,760
Okay, before I start anything, I would just like to inform those of you who are eager to tell me to use the search button before starting a new thread blah blah blah, you can go find a bus to catch. I did use the search button, fully expecting to find something on this subject, but all I got as results were 3 threads commenting on the movie "Ali G In Da House." So I am starting my own Ali G thread.

The show just came to Canadian cable TV on a channel called "Showcase" and I must admit, the first time I watched it I thought it was crapola. I thought the guy was trying too hard to talk / behave like this gangsta rappa fool. But then I began to see the humour inherent in the show, and that this is an intelligent, normal man doing a caricature of such a character. Genious.

It really is funny, and though I have only seen a few shows, I would like to hear from other fans of the show. What are your favourite sketches? I like anything Ali G does himself, and Borat the guy from Kazakhstan is pretty funny too. But the gay German fashion guy (Fritz or something) is stupid and it feels like he needed something else to pad the show with, so he added this character.
 
It's been over here since about 99. So it's kinda old hat, but some of his interviews can be crackers. I love the way someone like a respected economist or scientist have no idea about what he's on about, and then walk away after the interview totaly confused.
 
demon of speed
It's been over here since about 99. So it's kinda old hat, but some of his interviews can be crackers. I love the way someone like a respected economist or scientist have no idea about what he's on about, and then walk away after the interview totaly confused.
I assumed as much that he'd be major old news in the UK, but I thought maybe some other Canadians or maybe some Americans have just discovered him and want to talk about how good / sh**e he is...

I watched him interview Butrous Butrous Galli (sp?) and someone from the UN, as well as former Security Advisors and Senators / Governors from the U.S.

But the funniest was one of his "panels" which had a priest in it and Ali totally offended the priest the entire time. Pure gold.
 
You should see the special Comic Relief episode when he interviewed the Beckhams. Hilarious! :lol:
 
Yeah Ali G's cool.

He does an interview with some FBI dude, and he keeps calling it the FB. Then the bloke answers with "In the FBI..." and Ali goes "Aiiiii". Classic. It's pretty cool in the movie, because Staines is only 10 mins drive from where i live so he mentions loads of places near here and most of what is shown is what the "gangs" around here are like ;)
 
Back