Dai Yoshihara's Formula Drift BRZ coming to GT?

Discussion in 'GTS Drifting' started by silverman_GT, Apr 6, 2017.

  1. silverman_GT

    silverman_GT

    Messages:
    1,249
    Location:
    Indonesia
    Screenshot_2017-04-06-08-00-48.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-06-05-09-16.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-06-05-09-28.png

    Screencapped from Dai's Instagram stories (@daiyoshihara)

    I have no idea whether if this should be discussed in the GTS General Discussion thread as the inclusion of drift cars didn't really cross my mind.

    If this has been discussed, however, this thread may be merged/locked.
     
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  2. Cool. Dai has been semi-associated with GT for a number of years through SEMA.

    And there's this:
     
    Inferno251, ProjectF and LeoStrop like this.
  3. bdj57

    bdj57

    Messages:
    2,136
    Location:
    Indonesia
    Wow, nice find. Looks like drift mode is about to ready for next build. I wonder what class it would be. Maybe added new group like Gr.D or something?
     
    usmaan and jubeiiiii246 like this.
  4. CLowndes888

    CLowndes888

    Messages:
    7,833
    Location:
    Australia
    Hopefully this isn't another situation when we see PD staff examining the car but not putting it into a game - like the SCG-Ferrari P4/5 Comptetizione. Honestly, I would love to see some actual drift cars in GT Sport, considering that modding won't be much of a thing.
     
    usmaan and Imari like this.
  5. RaY29rus

    RaY29rus

    Messages:
    3,277
    Location:
    Russian Federation
    They just making some nice wallpapers for their office :lol:
     
  6. bdj57

    bdj57

    Messages:
    2,136
    Location:
    Indonesia
    I'm sure there will be drift cars in GTS. It is already being said there will be Drift Mode and we saw drift tune settings in the beta.
     
    Tassie_tiger likes this.
  7. sparkytooth

    sparkytooth Premium

    Messages:
    11,157
    Location:
    Venezuela
    Guys with hair like that have a 125% chance of photographing your car for Gran Turismo
     
  8. Yarf

    Yarf

    Messages:
    155
    Location:
    Australia
    It's probably not for GTS i bet
     
  9. iName

    iName

    Messages:
    668
    Location:
    United States
    I see a 20% chance of this not getting in, 30% chance of this being in GTS, and a 50% chance of this being in GT7 day one.
     
    another_jakhole likes this.
  10. sems4arsenal

    sems4arsenal Premium

    Messages:
    15,364
    Location:
    Egypt
    We still don't have the final car count yet.
     
  11. DingoDile

    DingoDile

    Messages:
    555
    I read it Daihatsu's Formula Drift BRZ and thought it's a new amazing car from Daihatsu! :D
     
    another_jakhole and gkgamer like this.
  12. Tassie_tiger

    Tassie_tiger

    Messages:
    1,641
    Location:
    Australia
    I thought there had been something official somewhere regarding Drift events in Sport.
    But for the life of me I couldn't remember where.

    Thanks for the memory jog. :tup:
     
  13. Arixant

    Arixant

    Messages:
    352
    Location:
    Japan
    so many of gt explores employees are old super street/import tuner magazine photographers. could be for anything really.
     
    usmaan likes this.
  14. Stephan

    Stephan Premium

    Messages:
    4,332
    Location:
    Philippines
    Possible implementation of online drift contests? This would help GTS and it would attract the drift savvy players who want online drift competition with rules.
     
  15. ss3

    ss3

    Messages:
    596
    Location:
    United States
    I think drift would be a new group, maybe named: Gr.D

    Also I think since there is a large possibility of a bigger car list they could have more groups like: 60s muscle, group B, Japanese 90s sport, etc.
     
    ProjectF likes this.
  16. MrWaflz55

    MrWaflz55

    Messages:
    4,424
    Location:
    Canada
    Don't forget the fact that cars from GT6 have been popping up in the latest builds like the Veyron 16.4, 458 Italia and a few others. There's a chance many more GT6 cars could be coming in the future. That would put the car count close to 500.
     
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    jubeiiiii246 likes this.
  17. Solomzi

    Solomzi

    Messages:
    6
    Let's hope that if this car is for the game they have a redefined score system that works like Forza Horizon's skills but focused on drifting.
     
  18. matador86

    matador86

    Messages:
    9
    It's awesome that his car is in the game! It is one hell of a car to drift, but I wish the physics in the game allowed more angle for the car. I hope the put more FD and D1 cars in the game .